Chapter 6

Thank you for over 100 views in this book. Here is another chapter in return.
_______________________________

Mari's POV

It is finally the day! It is finally Monday! The day I will be leaving Paris for a long time and God knows when exactly I will be back.

Over the weekend, I packed all of my stuff with some help from my cousins and got all of the stuff ready for next week to be sent to China so by the time the ceremony is over, I organise the stuff and properly settle in.

I spent the whole of yesterday spending time with my family as the next time I will see them is the day before the ceremony and then I don't know when. I also wanted to see Astral, but he told me about his grandad's birthday, so I wasn't able to do so.

But at least today I will finally be able to see my parents, which is why I got out the bed very excited, waking up very tired Mochi.

"Good morning, Mochi! Get ready!"

He made a big yawn before he properly looked at me. And that is why I don't sit all night on the computer. "Hey, Mei. Yeah, yeah. I am getting up."

Mochi is as well getting on the plane to return to his school in China. We will see each other on some of the days of the trip and for sure on the ceremony the princess returns, as well as some of his friends.

I went to the bathroom to get changed into a comfy but nice sweater and leggings, got my hair loose, and put on minimum makeup. And when I got downstairs, I saw Nino, Chloe, Alix, Nath, and Marc here, since we all agreed to meet up before. The main reason is that Mochi has a surprise for us, and I don't know what it is.

I am hoping it is good.

"Hey, Mari!" Chloe and I went up to give each other a quick hug. Chloe then noticed my outfit. "Meixiu Shénqí-Cheng! What kind of outfit is this? Is that how you will go to China to see your parents for the first time?"

"It is just an outfit. It won't cause..."

"Oh no, no, no! I will not let you go like that." Chloe then went upstairs while dragging me there as well. I tried getting Nino to help, but he just waved.

After less than two minutes, I came out of the room with a new outfit. I have now a pink qipao with black flowers and stars design at the bottom of it, and my hair is now half up half down space buns. I saw myself in the mirror before I left the room. I look great, but I know that my former friends will talk about it.

Since Lila's lie, every time I dress up really well, they insult me and call me either an 'attention-seeker' or 'show-off' or something way worse that I can't say. These may be just words of my former friends, but they hurt me so much. Since then I try my best not to dress up like that again.

When others saw me, their jaws are way lower than the ground. Do I look that great?

Yep. Even my jaw dropped.

Not going to comment.

"Dudette. You look fantastic."

"T-Thanks. But I am really nervous. What if others will say that I am an 'attention-seeker' or insult me even worse? How will I..."