Chapter 31

Two chapters in one day? I must be bored or something.😁
_______________________________

Aurore’s POV

I tried to contact Star and successfully I did. It took a bit before she responded to me, but it is better than nothing.

I now know the reason why she hasn’t contacted us for a while. Lila has disconnected her from Wattpad, which is impossible to do so. But she is using her time by planning out the one-shot book she will be writing after this one.

I am at the park with Mirielle, Wayhem, and Zoe. Mirielle is reading ‘Out With The Old, In With The New’ by embodimentofimpulse.
Wayhem is chatting with Zoe about haircuts and hair dye. I am trying to hack into Wattpad with my laptop to reconnect Star back to it. I don’t know how Lila did that, but I wish now that Max was there because he can do that faster.

Speaking of Max, to say that I am shocked about yesterday is an understatement. Those brats are stepping on thin ice and it is cracking. All I know is that this ice will break on Monday at the ceremony. I feel bad as well for Alix. I mean, everyone feels bad for her. She is suffering the most about Max because she was forced to watch that scene. I hope that they will both recover soon.

As we still were doing what we were doing, Wayhem just got an idea and of course, he told us it. “Hey, guys. How about we go and see Max, or at least Facetime him?”

“That is a great idea. We need a break after all.” I turned the screen back to its normal state and called Max for Facetime. After a short bit, he answered.

“Hey, guys. What are you up to?” We looked shocked at him. He has an eye patch on his left eye and doesn’t wear his glasses. We never saw him without them.

“Hey, Max. We heard about yesterday. How are you feeling?” I asked after recovering from the shock.

“Eh. 61.4% Satisfactory. I didn’t plan to spend the weekend in the hospital, but…” Max looked somewhere else when he spoke. “Alix, I told you many times that it wasn’t your fault. We didn’t expect the worst.”

“But you are injured!!”

“I am fine though. Please, calm down. Those brats will be sued later with the evidence we gathered.”

“Hi, Alix.” We waved as she popped up at our screen beside Max. He grabbed her closer as their heads touched each other’s. We just realized that he is still in the hospital bed. I also had a weird feeling about something, but I brushed it off.

“Hey, my favorite non-idiotic friends. I saw the video and I must congratulate you guys for using chocolate on them. Chloe’s tactic may have been better, but yours was a big roast for them as well.”

“Thank you, Alix…”

“But this must have not been enough to make them leave us be.” Wayhem pointed at Adrien walking towards us. The red wine stained his clothes the most, so he had to suffer with a black hoodie.

“I will call you back, but you don’t mind if you try to get Star back to Wattpad?”

“I will try to do something.” We ended the call as soon as Adrien arrived near us. Wayhem hid my laptop just in case, and Zoe secretly started recording all of this.