Chapter 37

ITS MY BDAY TODAY!!!!!!!!

I was supposed to send the update yesterday 💀
_______________________________

Mari’s POV

“Mum. Dad. I know what you want to say…”

“Can you explain, Nino, why one kid’s nose is bleeding?”

“Exactly! Why isn’t everything bleeding?”

My mum, my friends, and I all looked at my dad, who didn’t say anything else about what he just said. My mum elbowed my dad, who looked confused at her as she did that.

“Aunt Tikki. My boyfriend did that as he was betrayed before, and he found out about it today.”

Nino is looking down in shame, or even from sadness. He hasn’t yet recovered from the cheating of his ex-girlfriend from a long time ago, which has shocked me as well. I never knew that Adrien out of everyone had slept with someone who was my best friend before. I feel as well betrayed by that.

Nino finally spoke quietly after some time. “Alya cheated on me before we broke up. And it was that time with my best friend.”

“Adrien? And he only has his nose broken?”

“Plagg, shut it.” My mum glared at her husband, while he shrugged at her. She rolled her eyes and turned back to her husband’s godchild. “Oh, Nino. Come over here.”

My mum grabbed Nino into a small hug. She always treated him as the other child she wished to have. But at least she’s a godmother to my cousins and Shanique.

Once my mother let Nino go, it is now in serious mode. “Now, I understand that you felt betrayed and angry about this situation, but I can’t let you use violence to solve everything…”

“Tell that to those brats. Mei and Max ended up worse.”

Nino muttered, while my mum did look angry about that situation from earlier, but was trying to show empathy to Nino, and at the same time try to teach him a lesson about his emotions.

“Nino, your emotions are manipulating you to give justice to the ones that hurt you or your loved ones. But there are limits on the actions.” My mum fixed Nino’s glasses and lifted his chin. “You can’t let your emotions get the best of you. They can affect your future and your relationships. It is hard to do so, I admit, but you need to try not to chop anyone’s head. Not yet though, or not here.”

“I’m sorry,” Nino whispered as his godfather patted his back.

“Now, kid. Someone just arrived and misses you.”

We all know what that means. Nino’s parents and Chris are supposed to arrive today, and by today, I mean now.

“Nino. Son.” Nino’s dad just arrived, with his uniform on, just like in the photo we saw before. He has his hair tied back and he has his glasses on. Like father, like son, after all.

“Dad!” Nino ran up to him and gave him a big bone-crushing hug, making him almost fall backward. He hugged back as he messed with his cap. Mochi stood beside them awkwardly while scratching the back of the neck, making Nino’s dad notice him.