Chapter 40

Alix's POV

I was casually chatting away with Max in the corridor, away from everyone. We wanted to spend some time alone, but we had to make sure to be near before the bus arrived. We are lucky enough that we will take a limo as we aren't bothered dealing with those jerks for a long bit.

"...And then Mochi has defeated me in my game. He has a brain made from the internet." I chuckled from that, while he looked at me lovingly. "Have I told you how beautiful you look?"

"To be exact, fourteen times already."

"So here is the fifteenth. You look beautiful and stunning." He kissed my cheek as he said that. "How I am so lucky to have a queen of beauty?"

"Oh, stop it. People might be jealous of..."

It was when Max got a message on his phone and looked dumbfounded. "Goddammit. I forgot to get Markov from my suitcase and texted me somehow to get him. I will be back really quick"

"Ok, I will wait here," I said as he went through the corridor to our room. I looked about to see what my class and the younger class were doing...

Well, speaking of one of the devils I mentioned in the first paragraph, Adrien was walking toward me, like everything was good.

This is the creepiest thing about him. But overall I am scared of him and some others, especially Kim. What happened before made me have trauma for a long time, especially since I was diagnosed with mild/moderate level of ADHD.

But back to that waste of space, he just arrived to annoy my weird life more. "Hey, Alix. Can we talk?"

"No."

I didn't hesitate to say so. He flung back from my tone, which was a good sign.

"Please. Just a minute..."

"Fifty-nine, fifty-eight, fifty-seven..."

I used that counting technique to grab my phone and pressed twice on my power button as I have set up that this way, the audio recording turns on.

"I mean seriously." I rolled my eyes as I let him speak. The quicker he will do so, the quicker he will leave, and I seriously want that to happen.

"Look, now I know my mistake. I am sorry for all of this mess." I looked at him with a serious look. Is he now trying to apologize to me? I am not dense to believe that this is all he wanted to say.

"So how about you apologize to her and join our team before the princess kicks you out?"

Yep, I knew it! This would have been too good to be true for him to side now with us.

"You seriously want me to apologize to that witch, even though one, she made Kim, my former brainless friend, beat the bloody crap out of his former nerdy bud, two, you beat the s*** out of Marinette last week, and three, you sided with a person you knew was lying before, and is dense enough to believe that she is telling the truth now?"

"Yes. She has now friends, so there isn't any point for her to lie. And she isn't a witch."

"Oh wait, did you hear 'witch' from me? I actually said a b-"

"Listen you-"

"No, you listen. Stop being in that fantasy world of yours and put the truth into your messed-up brain. Lila is a psychopathic liar and doesn't want friends, only attention and minions. Even your cousin, who is cold to people, has a heart to not lie like what Lila does. She even confessed to you that she's a liar!"

"Oh..." Adrien looked nowhere before looking back at me with a cold glare, making me shiver mentally.

"True, Lila is a liar. She confessed it to me, and yes, I lied too. I wanted to make you on her side too. I thought that you didn't overhear our conversation back there. True, I was shocked about that, but to think about it, with her lying technique and my full list of contacts, we will be the most powerful couple ever existing. And people are too dumb to even believe that it's a lie."