Chapter 22

Max's POV

This is ridiculous! They are now crossing the line, especially that liar with a big forehead!!

I never expected to Lila get others to assault Mei. To verbally attack her, that happened all the time, but to physically!?! THIS IS MESSED UP!

And yes, I know that Marinette is the princess. It wasn't hard, especially to find a website about the princess, which I shared with Alix to have a look at. Besides, Shanique confirmed that. And the fact that she is, this escalated the trouble so much, that I don't see that Lila and our classmates will have a good future after the ceremony.

I got into the limo and sat between Alix and the window of the door. I sat down in frustration, which was noticeable. I don't care though. This day has a lot of damage done.

I looked at my girlfriend, who looked at me concerned. I placed my head on Alix's shoulder, while she rubbed lightly my back and kissed my forehead. "This day sucks."

"Yeah... I am hoping that this won't happen again. I don't want you, or anyone else, to get hurt."

"Max..." Alix took off my glasses, which was when I realized that my eyes are watery. "I want to say that this won't happen again and that this week will fly fast without any harm done, but then I would be lying to you because even I know that they are stuck deep in Lila's lies."

She isn't wrong though. They are now following that brat like she was some sort of queen. Even Kim is following her like crazy, and it will impact me and Alix if he finds out about my alliance.

And that is why I am breaking off Kim's and mine friendship for good.

Sometime later

Still Max's POV

We got out of the limo and went back to the hotel. I didn't realize that it is now evening. I mean, we did stay longer in the school for Marinette. I am not excited to be there again.

"What do you think Ms Mendeleev done to them?" Marc wondered while asking us this question.

"I don't know. Maybe they can't go on the trip tomorrow." Marc agreed with Nath's theory.

"We all know that they are screwed once the ceremony will be on. Karma will come and get them soon."

Alix and I went first to our rooms as soon as Miss Bustier checked if we are ok. We overheard Ms. Mendeleev and she said that Lila, Alya, Adrien, Ivan, and Kim can't join us for the amusement park trip, which is on Thursday.

This is great news though. We can tell Marinette later about that and maybe she can join this one at least.

Once we reached Alix's room, we stood there. I don't want to leave her yet, and I know that she doesn't want me to go either, especially when she will be alone without Marinette and Chloe...

Hold on, I have an idea.

I told Alix to wait for a second as I went to the reception, where Miss Bustier and Ms Mendeleev are still at. They are still talking about today's incident. I am not surprised since it impacted a lot of things.

Ms. Mendeleev noticed me the moment I arrived. "Hello, Max, do you need anything."

"Yes, it is about the room I am in right now."