Unruly Servant (chapter 6)

A/N: Warning if you don't like yaoi or boy-x-boy references then you might want to skip part of this chapter. You'll know when it's coming up so....yeah. And before anyone goes attacking me with crap, let me just say this: if I didn't have some sort of suggestiveness between Ciel and Sebastian it really wouldn't be very in character of Kuroshitsuji since the whole manga/anime relays on that sub context.

Chapter Six

“Ah, good afternoon, Tessa,” Finny cried upon seeing me passing in the corridor.

I looked up startled and forced a smile onto my face. I’d been out of it all morning, not aware that the hours ticked by like seconds to me. Ever since that black out last night my thoughts had been full of the vivid images of that girl’s death, possibly my death. Why did I have this heavy feeling that I was missing something? That there was another piece to this puzzle that just wasn’t there.

I frowned and looked out the window to my left, my thoughts beyond dwelling in the bright sunny day it was outside. A lovely day that my mind just couldn’t comprehend amongst the dark thoughts.

“It’s a beautiful day outside, isn’t it?” Finny asked, coming to stand besides me.

I blinked slowly and turned my back to the window, with a sigh.

“Yes, it’s rather nice,” I stated, unable to help the dry tone in my voice.

Finny looked at me in surprise, “Is everything alright, Tessa?”

I shook my head and plastered a flash smile onto my face, “Everything is fine. Just a little moody.”

He nodded, his face pinched with concern. Finny was too caring for his own good sometimes, a well as too curious. But you couldn’t hate him for it. He was a rather sweet boy with a bright outlook that could make most people smile. 

“I should go find, Sebastian for my chores for the day,” I stated dully, walking away from Finny without another word.

Somewhere deep inside me I felt bad for being so removed from him, but I was too plagued with other thoughts to pay too much attention to this sinking feeling. I just couldn’t get my mind off of those dreams. Which was illogical on my part, seeing as they were just fragments of my imagination and things that my mind threw together in an attempt to deal with the events of the pervious hours. I logically shouldn’t have been dwelling on thoughts of demons, reapers, and whatever else my mind deemed worthy to conjure up. If I continued on this path, who knows I might end up with dreams about the vampires and the living dead next.

I sighed, it was slightly logical that I was thinking of such things though. It was, after all, human nature to be curious; even if the source of my curiosity was dreams.

Shaking my head, I cleared my mind. I needed to be grounded now. Silly thoughts were not going to get me anywhere in my work. I needed to find Sebastian, who was proving to be very unclear at what he wanted me to do, as well a illusive when sought out.

I let out a irritated sigh and happened to look up to realize where I was. The large corridor outside of Ciel’s study in all it solemn nature, which for once seemed to suit my mood perfectly. Sebastian did certainly seem to be to closest of the servants to the master of the house, maybe he would be in there. It would make sense. He usually was the one to be called when the young earl wanted something, not any of the others. So perhaps, Ciel had fetched him for something and as he usually dwelled inside his study it would make sense.

I stepped closer to the door, careful to be as silent as possible just in case I was wrong. I wouldn’t want to interrupt something. Ciel might be kind at times, but he proved to be quite cross when provoked. I’d witnessed as much with the way he acted to Dupont last night. Something about the way he had become so cold so suddenly still haunted me. Let alone the face I saw on Sebastian...that would forever remain burned into the back of my mind.