Unruly Servant (chapter 14)

A/N: So I've had a lot of time on my hands and a lot of motivation to write more of this piece, which concludes why there have been more updates on this piece within the last few days. I'm just going to say that don't expect this trend to keep up for very long I have some trips coming up soon and on one I won't have any access to any form of technology for a week (seriously the place I'm going has like no service of any kind /dies slow painful death/). So chapter introduces my second favorite arc to the manga (the first being the titanic arc). Enjoy!

 P.S- I believe I'm going to also post this story on fanfiction.net, since it's more geared to this sort of fanfiction. So if you see this story under the author XxNeraxX it's me :D

Chapter Fourteen

    “We’re going to the circus?” I asked, surprise coloring my tone.

    Ciel nodded taking a sip of his tea. It’d been only a week since I’d slipped away to talk to the Undertaker and a week since Sebastian won the curry competition. I’d still yet to tell Sebastian of what I’d learned and apparently they had been hiding their own secret as well.

    I looked down at the ticket Ciel had thrust into my hand only moments before. The Noah’s Arc Circus. Even I had heard rumors about it. Gossip spread like wildfire in society and even someone with as little connections with the outside world as myself had heard about the grand entrance they made when traveling into London and how their show was supposedly worthy of even being viewed by high class society. It did spark my interest slightly, but human interest always puzzled me.

    “There must be a catch for someone like you to attend to a show though,” I remarked, a small smirk on my face.

    Ciel scoffed and looked away from me and around the small tea shop he’d arranged for me to meet Sebastian and him at. Obviously the earl and his butler had been up to something while they kept me keeping an eye on Soma and his servant who remained in the Phantomhive manor on some ridiculous quest to prove to Ciel that Soma could grow up and become responsible. I wasn’t naive enough to believe they’d been busy running errands around London, obviously the Queen’s watchdog was on the prowl.

    And somehow this circus was connected.

    Sebastian cut in with a bow as he refilled my tea cup with fresh tea, “The young master has been requested to investigate a string of disappearances of children that seems to follow the pattern of the circus’s movement.”

    I frowned down at my tea, “Most people would brush something such as that off as a coincidence, but you and I know very well that there are never such things as coincidences.”

    Sebastian smirked, “And you are very correct about that.”

    Ciel scowled across the small table at us, “You’re conversations never make any senses.”

    I smiled softly and giggled behind a gloved hand, “Because we aren’t human, therefor a mortal with little knowledge on our world wouldn’t understand.”

    “You are still making little sense,” Ciel’s scowl deepened.

    I titled my head to the side and smiled a little wider, “That’s because even you don’t know what controls every little thing in this world. We are all just pawns in a very large game of chess, in which the players are never understood by us pieces.”

    Ciel’s facial expression darkened, “I am not a pawn in anyone’s game.”

    I sighed and lean back in my chair, “Unfortunately this is not true. Whether you like it or not, you are always a pawn in a game that’s slightly larger then your own. The chain goes on forever actually, since there is always someone higher up then you. For example you are a mere pawn to the Queen in which she uses to clear her board of all her opponents.”