𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏

"𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙧?" The words were still ringing in your head, what did he mean by dear traveler? The world glitched a bit between his room and your dimension but the scene returned back to his room.

"𝗠𝗶𝘀𝘀.𝗬/𝗻? 𝗔𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗹𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁?" Malleus asked as you snapped out of your thoughts. You nodded and looked at the pieces on the board game.

You looked and realised that you both only had only two pieces left. You were figuring out the possible solutions and fails that could happen to either one of you.

You finally made a decision and moved one of your pieces diagonally to make his king piece in danger. Malleus wasn't fazed and moved the king to the next square.

You moved the previous piece diagonally back to your king to protect it. It was a smart move because Malleus's second piece was in the state of moving to take yours if you had only moved the king next.

Malleus still wasn't fazed but in his mind he was amused by the fact that you made your piece retreat so it would be taken away.

Meanwhile Ginko was bored and was still counting the time. The door had opened and it revealed Lilia peaking inside. He walked in and sat in between the two who were playing chess.

Lilia looked impressed by how you managed to get Malleus down to only two pieces even if you also have two pieces left. He could sense the concentration in both of you and he smiled.

Malleus made a move and placed the piece to a diagonal angle. This instantly made your king in difficult situation.

You noticed that his piece was most likely to get out by yours if moved it a bit more. You moved your king out of the position and you both were back to square one again.

Whilst you two were concentrating, Lilia just looked intrigued of what will happen now. Malleus thought for a bit and moved his piece to kick out one of yours and left you with only your king.

You moved you king and took out his piece and Lilia squealed in the background at the move you made. It was a one on one, a king versus a king.

The stakes were high, who was going to win? Was it you or was it him?

...

Malleus moved his king forward but your king was in danger so you still moved it away. Malleus moved his more closer to yours.

This left you with two options, you either move to the next square and hope he doesn't win or you immediately take the hit but then lose.

You took the safer option and moved to the next square. Malleus moved his closer and had outplayed you by taking your King away.

The game was finally over and Malleus had won the match but he didn't really take too much pride from that. Lilia clapped his hands and that was when you two finally took notice of him.

"𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗮 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵, 𝗜 𝗺𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗮𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗲𝘁𝗶𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗮𝘀 𝗠𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗲𝘂𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗟𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗮 𝗶𝗻 𝗰𝗵𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲." Lilia stated as he smiled to you then walked to you and patted your head.

You seemed comforted by the touch but your expression didn't change. Lilia went to Malleus and did the same to him. He was talking about how malleus did a good job.

𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐦 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨:

"𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗺𝗲 𝗠𝗶𝘀𝘀.𝗬/𝗻 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗜 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻, 𝘄𝗵𝘆 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗽𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗼𝘂𝘁?" Malleus asked you and Lilia was intrigued that you had spaced out.

You shrugged as you forgot, the two acknowledged you shrug and know it was nothing to worry about. You left Diasomnia with Ginko...but seriously, what was that glitch all about?-ℓԃσ۹н...

{𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐎𝐔𝐓}

[𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐑~]

===================================
𝐓𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐨 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭:
• 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐢𝐳𝐳𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡
• 𝐖𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐮𝐬 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥?
• 𝐖𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝?
• 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧?
• 𝐈𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐚𝐤𝐞?
• 𝐈𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦?
• 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠?
• 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡?
• 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧?
• 𝐃𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠?
• 𝐈𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧?
• 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑺 𝑺𝑻𝑶𝑹𝒀 𝑰𝑺 𝑵𝑶 𝑾𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑬 𝑵𝑬𝑨𝑹 𝑫𝑶𝑵𝑬 𝑻𝑹𝑨𝑽𝑬𝑳𝑬𝑹
• 𝑫𝑶𝑵𝑻 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑵𝑲 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑪𝑨𝑵 𝑬𝑺𝑪𝑨𝑷𝑬 𝑱𝑼𝑺𝑻 𝒀𝑬𝑻
• 𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵 𝑰𝑭 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑪𝑨𝑵, 𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑬 𝑨𝑹𝑬 𝑴𝑶𝑹𝑬 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑵𝑮𝑺 𝑾𝑨𝑰𝑻𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑭𝑶𝑹 𝒀𝑶𝑼
• 𝑯𝑬𝑬𝑫 𝑴𝒀 𝑾𝑨𝑹𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑻𝑹𝑨𝑽𝑬𝑳𝑬𝑹
• 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑺 𝑰𝑺 𝑵𝑶 𝑳𝑨𝑼𝑮𝑯𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑴𝑨𝑻𝑻𝑬𝑹
𝑰'𝑴 𝑾𝑨𝑻𝑪𝑯𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑻𝑹𝑨𝑽𝑬𝑳𝑬𝑹, 𝑩𝑬 𝑨𝑾𝑨𝑹𝑬 𝑻𝑯𝑨𝑻 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑺 𝑺𝑻𝑶𝑹𝒀 𝑰𝑺 𝑵𝑶 𝑾𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑬 𝑵𝑬𝑨𝑹 𝑭𝑰𝑵𝑰𝑺𝑯𝑬𝑫
• Ꮤ⁅℄ᏨṎḾ⁅ tṎ ẙṎᙈᖇ Ṉ⁅Ꮤ ᏲṎḾ⁅
• ⁅ṈᏧṎẙ ḭt ᏔᏲḭ℄ຮt ḭt ℄ᾀຮtຮ...