Malevolent Mind | 013 |

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

──❝Malevolent Mind❞──

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

QUERETARO REGION | MEXICO

The deafening sound of an aircraft motor echoed through the quiet night, shattering the silence and piercing the darkness like a bolt of lightning. The cockpit was illuminated by the glow of the instrument panel, casting deep shadows on the face of a muscular man who sat with an intense, focused expression. The man's muscles were tensed, straining against the confines of his bulletproof vest as he steeled himself for the challenges ahead. His face was set in a steely resolve, as if he were determined to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders and overcome any obstacles that stood in his way. His calloused hands clenched around the grip of his gun, each finger a map of years of experience and training. With practiced ease, he expertly reloaded and adjusted the weapon, sliding a fresh magazine into place and securing it with a satisfying click. The muscles in his hands and forearms flexed with effort, a testament to the countless hours he had spent honing his skills.

"So you're Chris Redfield." Chris, who had been facing forward, turned his head to the side and looked at the soldier seated beside him. "The expert on the living dead. The big hero." The man spoke with a condescending tone, as if he were mocking Chris's reputation. "Bet you killed a lot, huh?" Chris sat there silently, his eyes fixed ahead of him. His expression grew more and more tense, his brow furrowed, and his lips pressed into a thin line. It was as if he was trying to block out the world around him, to shut out the sound of his own thoughts. His silence was deafening, a wall that seemed insurmountable. But despite his stoic façade, there was a sense of turmoil brewing within him, a storm that threatened to unleash its fury at any moment. The man's persistence did not discourage him from receiving a response from Chris. "So, Mr. Expert, any advice on dealing with them?" 

Chris' expression became contemplative as he responded. "Yeah. You got friends?" The man raised an eyebrow and gave a dismissive shrug, as if Chris' inquiry held little importance. His eyes narrowed, and a smirk formed on his lips. "Sure. I got friends," he replied dismissively. "Family?" asked Chris. "Yeah. Got a wife. My folks. A little sister. As the man's words continued to flow, Chris's expression began to change, shifting from a hardened, unyielding stance to one of thoughtful contemplation. "There's corporations out there creating virus...turning people into bioweapons. People like you and me. You're friends. Family. There will come a day when you'll be faced with a decision. Kill them...or be killed. Doesn't sound very heroic, does it." Chris's words carried a weight that was palpable, and as he spoke, the man's expression shifted from one of hope to one of solemn sadness. He acknowledged Chris' words with a gentle nod, feeling the gravity of the situation. Chris' disclosure had a profound impact on the man, causing him to face the cruel truth of their reality. "Sorry."