Fierce Confrontation | 016 |

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

──❝Fierce Confrontation❞──

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Leon." Rebecca managed to capture his gaze as [Y/n]'s retreating figure disappeared from view. "With everything that's going on...you just sit here and feel sorry for yourself. And you?" Rebecca addresses Chris. "You're letting a grudge get the better of you." As Rebecca lowered her arms, a deep sigh escaped her lips, betraying her disappointment. "God...I cannot believe how alike you two are." Leon raised an eyebrow, his eyes narrowing as he absorbed Rebecca's words. "What are you talking about?" With a sudden jolt, Rebecca stood up from her seat and continued, her frustration and disappointment evident in her actions. "You're acting like a couple of selfish brats right now." With a determined look in her eyes, she turned on her heels and opened her case, pulling out a small, handheld tool. Facing them, she rolled up her sleeves and took a deep breath. With a steady hand, she pulled the trigger, wincing in pain at the needle pricking her skin. The glass vial suddenly emitted a loud suction sound as it was filled with her own blood, causing Leon and Chris to exchange curious glances.

"The virus is right under our noses. Always has been." Her words evoked quizzical glances from Chris and Leon as they attempted to decipher her enigmatic message. Chris was the first to break the silence, his voice dripping with curiosity as he asked, "I don't follow." Rebecca continued, "We don't need to look for some new virus that Arias is infecting people with. The virus is lying dormant inside of everyone. Even you. What we need to find is the trigger. Something activates the latent virus, and only Arias knows what it is. But until we find that out, everyone, living and dead, are his potential weapon." Rebecca let out a long, slow breath through her nose, her eyes remaining fixed on Chris and Leon as she continued. "If we don't figure this out right now, there won't be quaint little towns like this...for you to drink your sorrows away in ever again, and hurt your wife with your reckless behavior."

At her words, Leon's eyes lowered and his jaw clenched, arousing a noticeable crack in his temporomandibular joint. His hair falls over his eyes, partially obscuring his face. A surge of anger rippled through him, his fists clenching so tightly that the knuckles under his fingerless gloves turned white. His silence spoke volumes. "I created a vaccine, and I tried it on myself, and it works. But until we find out how Arias triggers the virus...who knows if it'll work the same for everyone else?" Rebecca deftly removed the vial containing her blood from the extractor, the click of the mechanism echoing. "My blood holds the answers. If I die, get this to a lab you trust." Rebecca carefully placed the vial on the table, then took a step back, her shoulders slumping in disappointment as her features fell.