The Face of Inescapable Fate | 023 |

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

──❝The Face of Inescapable Fate ❞──

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The sound of a metallic chime, like a warning bell, broke the silence of the night, snapping Arias out of his trance and directing his gaze toward the elevator. A menacing growl escaped his twisted lips as he swiveled his head toward the source of the sound, his eyes glowing with an unsettling intensity. The metal doors of the elevator groaned open with a piercing squeal, disgorging Leon and [Y/n] on the motorbike. At the sight of Arias putrefying features, her nose scrunched up in revulsion as a wave of putrid stench wafted toward her. Her eyes drifted to Chris's struggling form in Arias grip, his face contorted in excruciating pain as Arias fingers squeezed him like a vise, the bones in his arms and ribcage straining to the breaking point. Leon gripped the handlebars tightly, his knuckles white from the strain, as he sped towards Arias, a firm resolve building within him. 

[Y/n]'s hand swiftly reaches for her holstered gun, drawing it forth in one seamless, fluid motion. Yet, just as she prepared to pull the trigger, Arias cunningly positioned Chris between them, using him as a shield. Grinding her teeth in frustration and anger, [Y/n] hesitated, her finger hovering over the trigger. However, before she could even contemplate a solution, Leon abruptly leaned back, causing the motorbike to wobble dangerously. Caught off guard by the sudden shift in weight, [Y/n]'s focus shifted from the unfolding dangerous standoff to maintaining balance. In the blink of an eye, Leon swiftly gathered [Y/n] in his arms, successfully shielding her from any potential harm just as the motorbike collided roughly with Arias legs. The impact sent Aria stumbling; his balance was lost, causing him to drop Chris onto the unforgiving ground. [Y/n]'s lips parted in a strained whisper as she rasped, "Could've warned me next time." Leon's grip tightened around [Y/n], his breath coming out in ragged gasps.

 With a hint of remorse in his voice, he replied, Sorry, I didn't have time to warn you. Safety comes first." Meanwhile, atop [Y/n], Leon was unable to register the moment when Arias seized him, lifting him off the ground to [Y/n]'s dismay. A ferocious growl escaped Arias as he watched Leon pitifully struggle in his grip, his fists pounding futilely against Arias large hand. Leon let out a sharp cry of pain as Arias tightened his grip on his body, his bones creaking under immense pressure. The pain was unbearable, and Leon's vision began to blur as he desperately gasped for air. Before [Y/n] could even react, Arias forcefully tossed Leon through the air. The crash into a nearby wall sent reverberating pain throughout Leon's body, waves of agony pulsating through his every nerve. He crumpled to the ground, gasping for breath and clutching his injured ribs.