Koutarou Bokuto | Insecurities

Bokuto's sad emo puppy mode

No context.

Warning! Talking about body size.

~*~
You look at yourself in the mirror with a slightly disgusted look on your face. You rub your face with your hands, letting out a stressful sigh. I'll do this another day. You thought, folding up your swimsuit.

A knock was heard on your door. Hesitantly, your hand hovers over your doorknob. You slant your eyes, taking a breath before eventually cracking your door a bit. There, you found Bokuto with a wide smile. "Hey, Y/N! Ya ready?" Bokuto questioned with a small tilt to his head.

"Um." You paused, trying to say the right exact words that formed in your mind first. There was a stretch of silence before Bokuto looked at the top of your shirt collar, immediately spotting something. "You're... coming to the water park, right?" Bokuto lowered his voice, blinking a couple of times.

You hesitated again, looking at the ground, then back up at Bokuto's curious face. You really didn't know how to say; 'I won't be there,' in a nice way without Bokuto getting a bit sad. You hated to see him upset, and would hate to be the cause of that.

You looked down at the floor again, backing away from the door as it was left cracked. Bokuto slightly bit his tongue, watching your actions confusingly. "Y/N..?" Bokuto spoke up, placing his hand on the other side of the doorknob. He lowered his head, a bit of concern showing in his expression.

You sit on the edge of your bed, slowly grabbing your pillow to squeeze it in your arms, along with a clench to your eyes. Bokuto closed his jaw, walking in your room silently. He approached you like some type of scared animal, cautiously and quietly.

"Is everything okay?" Bokuto spoke in a gentle manner, raising a brow. He sat beside you, his gaze locking on the folded swimsuit on your chair. You dipped your head, stuffing your face into your big, white pillow with a sniffle.

Bokuto frowned, softly rubbing your back with his hand, still a bit confused of what was going on. Small muffled sobs escaped from the pillow and your mouth as Bokuto froze, growing a bit panicky. "Y/N?? Hey.. why are you crying?" Bokuto lifted his own head up, his voice steadily rising.

"I'm sorry, it's just um.." You pause, continuing your soft sobs underneath your breath. Bokuto stared upon you with worrisome eyes and a wide frown, still rubbing your back for comfort. "I can't bare to look at myself like this anymore. I hate it." You mutter, showing half of your face to Bokuto with teary eyes.

"Y/N, you.. don't hate yourself, do you?" Bokuto questioned, his sorrowful, round eyes locked on your face. You didn't give an answer to his question, only stuffing your face back into your pillow flooded with tears. Bokuto's expression slightly shifted with disappointment.

Bokuto slowly took his hand off your back, hitting his leg to get your attention, which eventually worked."Hey, there's nothing to be ashamed about yourself! If people say otherwise, don't listen to those meanies!" Bokuto's demeanor changed rather quickly with a confident and loud tone.

"You don't get it, Bokuto. You have an amazing team and friends, you're nothing like me." You grumbled, closing your eyes with another soft sob. Bokuto held his breath for a moment, patting your shoulder. "That doesn't mean I'm perfect! I make mistakes, and that's okay." Bokuto said with a cheery smile, nudging your side. "So, cheer up!"

It took some time for comforting words to finally stop leaking your sorrows. You looked up at Bokuto, wiping your eyes with the back of your hands with a sniffle. "Thank you, Bokuto." You respond back and a faint smile, Bokuto giving a bigger smile towards you, along with a huge bear hug. "Of course, Bunny!" Bokuto chuckled, giving you a nickname he came up with on the spot.

You eventually hug him back with a shaky, but relieved exhale. You were just glad to have a comforting and supportive friend by your side.

Thank you so much, Bokuto.

~*~
The swimsuit was gender-neutral, since there was no gender described in the request. :)

Have an amazing day!