Miya Atsumu | Candy Ring

You and Atsumu have been friends since elementary school. You two were practically inseparable back then. You two met up a few years later, your friendship reuniting again into a much stronger bond.

You sat outside on a bench of Inarizaki high, spotting Atsumu walking up to you with a grin. Once he got close enough, he pulled out a small piece of candy that was similar to a ring, getting on one knee with a flirty smirk.

Hey, marry me?" Atsumu said out of nowhere in a whisper. His brown colored eyes glistened with desperation and hope.

You paused, taking one of your white earbuds out of your ears, blinking a couple of times at him. "Aha.. what?" You let out an awkward, faint laugh from underneath your breath as Atsumu still stayed in that kneeling position.

"Please? Pretty please?" Atsumu attempted to make puppy dog eyes with a head tilt. His body was slowly getting tired of holding that position, and was creasing his new shoes as well.

Quietly, you grab Atsumu's right hand which had the candy ring on his ring finger, slipping it off and placing it on your own ring finger to take a bite out of. Atsumu paused, watching you take another bite confusingly. "Is that a yes?" He mumbled.

"No, it's a; "I'm eating this ring" answer." You grin at the setter as Atsumu slightly huffed, sitting beside you on the bench. "Then, save some for me." Atsumu winked with a smirk, getting closer towards your ring finger. Quickly, you gently slapped him in the middle of his face. "Slow down." You slant your eyes.

"Hmph. You changed, you know that?" Atsumu pouted, folding his arms as he tapped his foot against the pavement. "Didn't we all?" You quickly respond, making Atsumu go silent for a moment.

Eventually, Atsumu took out another piece of candy from the wrapper, this time it was difficult to bite through, even though Atsumu did it anyway. You look over at him, tapping his shoulder before he broke a tooth. "You're not.. supposed to do that." You tell the setter, who was still doing the opposite of what you told him.

You flick his hand hard enough for him to let go of the hard candy from his mouth. "Ow, man!" Atsumu slightly whimpered, rubbing the top of his hand with his other palm.

It was slightly obvious that you were indeed, playing hard to get. Though, being close friends almost all your life made it less of a problem.

You two sat there in silence again as you unlocked your phone, scrolling through the huge playlist you've made. Atsumu, being the noisy person he is, stuck his head close to your phone, the candy placed in his mouth again.

"What songs do you like?" Atsumu questioned with a smile, placing his finger and scrolling down to the end of the playlist. You quickly swatted his hand, harshly and shooed him away from your screen. "Stop it, Tsumu." You squint.

Atsumu grumbled, still not obeying you and interrupting your personal space. He slowly wrapped one arm around your back, leaning half of his body onto yours, his head resting on his shoulder. You didn't have the energy to yell or shoo him away anymore, but the warmth from him did feel soothing.

Atsumu eventually realized you weren't slapping him or shooing him away by now, only for him to get more comfortable by putting all of his weight onto your body. That's when you eventually shoved him away. "Too much." You mumble as Atsumu gave a half, understanding nod.

He continued to bite the hard candy until he paused, wincing in pain. This, luckily caught your attention as you slowly looked up from your phone. "What did you do now?" You exhale, officially tired of him.

He shrugged as you thought he was pulling a prank on you at first, but Atsumu tried to speak, there were small drops of blood falling from the roof of his mouth. You took out both of your earbuds, stuffing your phone in your pocket.

"What did I tell you? If you keep biting that candy, some part of your mouth will get hurt." You scolded him like a puppy as Atsumu didn't really care, only looked into your eyes adoringly as you held his chin up.

"Are you listening?" You gently slap the side of his face, biting your bottom lip. "Did anyone tell you that you have beautiful eyes?" Atsumu immediately changed the subject with a weak smile, blood still running out of his mouth.

You paused, choking on the rest of your words before inhaling sharply, the two words falling out of your mouth.

"Shut up.."

~*~
The Miya Twins are definitely growing on me.
I'm not even on season 4 yet, I'm too impatient. Help me.

Have a great day!