She's in a Better Place. | BokuAka

"Bokuto can just be.. errrgh. Y'know?" Akaashi sighed, resting his elbow on his leg while looking at the libero of the team, Komi. Akaashi didn't have the right way to describe Bokuto.

"But still. I have to take care of that guy like it's my responsibility." The setter shrugged it off as Komi smiled. "Well, you're not the only one that has to take care of him, right?" Komi tilted his head to the side.

Akaashi nodded, his phone vibrating in one of his pants pockets. "Hold on." Akaashi mumbled, quickly checking his notifications, finding Bokuto texting him. The setter paused, looking closer at the text messages. Komi noticed his facial expression slightly shifted. "Everything alright?" The libero questioned.

Akaashi quickly texted the wing spiker back before placing his phone back into his pocket. He grumbled something underneath his breath, rising to his feet. "Yes, and no. I gotta go now." Akaashi eventually responded, leaving Komi.

This has to be important. Bokuto never texts me in lower case letters in his life. Akaashi thought, swallowing the small lump that formed in his throat. He took a soft inhale, making it to Bokuto's home. It wasn't really far, since Akaashi and Bokuto almost lived next to each other.

Akaashi placed his hand on the door handle, yet the door opened itself. Akaashi grumbled to himself once again. He really needs to remember to lock his doors. At least this one. He eventually took a step in, walking up to his bedroom door, knowing well he's in there all the time.

"Bokuto? Bokuto-san, are you there?" Akaashi questioned, placing one of his hands on the door. He continued to stay silent, trying to make sure Bokuto was actually there. Soft sobbing caught the setter's attention as he slightly perked, opening the door without permission.

Akaashi scanned the room before immediately spotting Bokuto on the floor, sobbing and hugging something. The black haired setter walked up to the destroyed ace, kneeling down. "Bokuto..?" Akaashi spoke up in a lower, yet soft voice.

"Akaashi.." Bokuto mumbled, wiping his the side of his wet face due to the amount of tears that ran down. The wing spiker turned his head over at Akaashi, his brown colored his wavering like his heart had been shattered awfully. But, it had.

"She's gone.. she's.. gone." Bokuto constantly whispered, crying a bit more as he squeezed his eyes shut. Akaashi paused, knowing exactly what he meant. The setter wrapped one of his arms over Bokuto's back, pulling himself closer towards the broken down ace as he comforted him.

What Bokuto was holding, was the body of his dead dog.

"Bokuto.. it's alright, deep breaths. She's in a better place." Akaashi whispered, hugging Bokuto with a concerned frown on his face. Bokuto eventually placed the body of the canine down, turning towards Akaashi for a huge, sobbing hug. Akaashi rubbed the ace's back again while glancing at Bokuto's dog.

The black and mostly white fur patches were slightly loose, almost like they were falling out on their own. Akaashi sighed softly, stroking Bokuto's hair. "She.. was a good girl." Bokuto mumbled, his sobbing eventually stopping as Akaashi continued to stay quiet.

"It's not fair. Why is death so sudden? What did I do to deserve this? I-" Bokuto shook his head, letting go of Akaashi's body and the hug. The setter placed both of his hands on the ace's shoulders before Bokuto could panic and ramble.

"It happens to all of us. It's something we cannot control, but." Akaashi softly cleared his throat, wiping one of Bokuto's tears away from his eye. "We'll get through it, together." Akaashi slowly rose to his feet, holding out his hand to the ace in front of him. Bokuto hesitated, glancing over at his dog before looking down.

Akaashi still waited, his hand still staying there, right in front of Bokuto. "...Right, together." Bokuto spoke up with a half smile appearing on his face, grabbing Akaashi's hand to get off the floor.

The setter quickly pulled Bokuto in for another, last quick hug before kissing the side of the ace's cheek. Bokuto's smile widened instantly, giving a quick kiss back to Akaashi, hugging the setter tighter. "I love you, Akaashi..!" Bokuto sniffled.

Akaashi gently smiled back, hushing him a bit. "A bit loud, but I love you too." Akaashi responded, watching Bokuto slowly slide and relax in his arms.

~*~
Sweet but sad chapter, folks.
I absolutely adore BokuAka, like I said 35 times already.

Have a wonderful day!