Play Nice! | DaiSuga [Parent AU]

Sorry this took so long!School is 'torture' :')

School is 'torture' :')

~*~
Sugawara laid down on the couch in his house, wrapping himself up in some fluffy covers, all the way up to his chin. A small, relaxed sigh escaped his throat as Sugawara closed his eyes and rested his body for a moment.

You and your father, Daichi were outside at the time. Daichi had to make a couple of stops and runs, so he decided to bring you along while Sugawara decided to stay home.

There were two knocks on the door that caught the vice captain's attention. He perked up, looking at the door before getting up from the couch. Sugawara eventually rose to his feet, bringing the fluffy covers along with him. He looked through the peephole of the door first with a smile, knowing that it was you and Daichi.

Still, he decided to play around. “Hmm, who is it..?” Sugawara said in a singing type of tone. You placed two of your hands on the doorknob with your tippy toes, shaking the doorknob a bit. “It's us!” You replied, trying to look through the door to spot Sugawara.

This both got a small chuckle out of Daichi and Sugawara as you constantly shook the doorknob. Sugawara eventually opened the door, giving Daichi a small quick kiss on the side of his face. The captain gave a smile, eventually kissing Sugawara back.

You quickly ran towards your other father, Sugawara for a big hug, your arms already open. Your tiny arms wrapped around Sugawara's legs as the vice captain let out a small giggle, kneeling down to actually hug you, giving you an affectionate forehead kiss.

Daichi placed the shopping bags down on to the counter with an exhale, placing his two hands on the counter top as well, lifting his head up. Sugawara gave Daichi a hug from behind, placing his hands on top of the captain's. “Don't worry hun. Take a break, I'll put this up.” Sugawara whispered with a warm smile.

“Are you sure?” Daichi hesitated for a moment, not wanting to place pressure on Sugawara so much. “I'm fine, really.” He added on, rubbing Sugawara's hands gently. Sugawara gave a small nod. “I insist!” Sugawara patted Daichi's shoulder, leaning against the counter.

As Daichi was about to open his mouth again, you spoke. “I'm bored!” You say out of nowhere, tugging on both of your father's pants, getting between the both of them. Sugawara patted your hand with a smile, blinking at Daichi. “I won't argue with you, mister handsome. Relax, and play with Y/N.” Sugawara suggested, placing one of his hands on his hip.

“Alright, alright. You win, gorgeous.” Daichi gave a nod, along with a smile, leaving the kitchen as Daichi guided you to the living room area. Daichi sat on the floor as you immediately laid in his lap excitedly. He gave you a small squeeze with his hug, tickling your stomach area which did make you react. You quickly rolled off of Daichi, giggling as you tried to play tackle him.

“I'm gonna get ya!” Daichi approached your way slowly as you backed away, constantly laughing. Daichi eventually grabbed you for a soft cuddle. You gave a soft scream in response, trapped in his arms. Daichi's personality was a bit different while around you. He was more active and playful, the same goes for Sugawara.

Daichi eventually let go of your small and tiny body as both of you lay down on the floor, laughing and trying to catch your breaths. You eventually rolled over to your stomach, crawling over to the captain, tapping his forehead.

“Hey! Can we play something?” You asked with a head tilt as Daichi didn't hesitate to give a nod, sitting up. “Of course, gumdrop.” He tapped your nose with a smile, giving you a nickname alongside his action.

“Okay!” Your face lit up at his response, holding your nose with one of your hands with a giggle, looking around the living room for a small item. You spotted one of your small toys you could fit in your hand easily. You quickly ran over to grab it.

“So, hmm.. guess what hand has the toy? Okay?” You blinked at Daichi, your big smile staying on your face. Daichi gave another nod. You quickly placed your hands behind your back, switching the small toy into your right hand. It was pretty visible to see, so Daichi did pretty much see what you just did.

You showed both of your hands at your father, balled up into a fist. Daichi tapped your right hand as you looked at him a bit shocked. “Wait what? How?” You gasped, very tempted to think Daichi read your mind. Daichi gave a shrug. “Just a lucky guess. Try again.” Daichi spoke with a small snicker.

The game continued as Daichi continued to get them right, since it was very obvious where the small toy was 'hidden.' You slowly grew frustrated, squinting your eyes at Daichi. “How come you're so good at this?!” You questioned with a huff. Daichi laughed. “I have dad powers, that's how I'm getting them all right.” Daichi replied, obviously lying. But, as a five year old, you believed it.

Starstruck, you gasped, getting into his face. “Wait really?! That's so cool!!” Your jaw hung open in shock. “I can read your mind. It's really simple, honestly.” Daichi chuckled, lying once more. “Lucky! I wanna do that!” You exhaled frustratedly as Daichi patted your head. “Someday, you'll develop those powers when you're older.” Daichi smiled as you gave a slow nod, smiling back.

Sugawara peeked his head from around the corner of the kitchen. “Hey guys, sorry to interrupt but I made dinner. Want some?” Sugawara spoke, catching both Daichi and your attention. “You did? Hun, you didn't have to do all of that, y'know.” Daichi gave a smile, his eyebrows slightly shifted.

“Mm, but I wanted to.” Sugawara chuckled with a shrug. “Now, c'mon you two goofballs!” Sugawara motioned you and Daichi towards himself with a small flick to his hand. You and Daichi both rose to your feet.

“Last one there is a rotten egg.” Daichi whispered towards you, making more of a childish type of approach as Daichi ran to the kitchen. You followed, running a bit faster as well.

~*~
I love Daichi and Sugawara so much! They'd be awesome, yet chaotic parents.

Have a wonderful day!