A Lovely Surprise | TsukiYama

Happy birthday, Tsukishima!

Our loveable, salty beanpole <3

~*~
The sound of faint drizzling of the tiny, wet rain drops fell on the window from outside, repeating the process until the light drizzled turned into rain.

Tsukishima was asleep at the moment with a restful face, one of his hands was underneath the white pillow his head softly rested on, the other covering half of his face.

The door to his own dorm slightly cracked open, the cool and calm air entering his room that created a small ripple in his covers he slept with. The pinch server of Karasuno, Tadashi stood by the door, hesitant at first to step foot in the middle blocker's room.

Eventually, he took a breath, realizing Tsukishima was asleep. He looked around his dorm room before awakening the middle blocker. His eyes fixtated on the amount of dinosaur related things he had, and didn't bother to hide them from anyone else.

It almost made Tadashi chuckle to himself. Aw, Tsukki's so adorable with dinosaur things. Tadashi thought, a smile appearing on his face quickly. He looked over towards the resting blocker, approaching him.

Tadashi gently tapped Tsukishima's free hand that was cover half of his face with a head tilt. He repeated his action every second until he decided to speak up. "Hey, Tsukki! Please wake up, I gotta show you something!" Tadashi whispered, tapping Tsukishima's arm constantly.

"Stop it Tadashi." Tsukishima mumbled, giving him a slight glare with one of his eyes that were open, sending chills down the pinch server's spine as he shut his jaw, stepping back. "Oh.. sorry." Tadashi bit his bottom lip, looking down at the floor before grabbing Tsukishima's glasses off the stand next to the middle blocker's bed.

"Happy birthday though, Tsukki." Tadashi said with a gentle smile, handing Tsukishima his glasses as he watched the tired middle blocker slowly awaken from his deep slumber. Tsukishima fluffed his white pillow, sitting it up against the head of the bed to sit up against with a soft yawn leaving his throat.

He eventually grabbed his glasses, placing them on his face, only for him to immediately take them off with a soft, irritated scowl. Tsukishima grabbed the cloth to clean his glasses with that was beside him as well, blowing his warm breath on the lens.

Tsukishima didn't say anything back, only looked at Tadashi before cleaning his glasses again. Tadashi cleared his throat, placing his hands behind his back nervously. "I um.. have a surprise for you." The pinch server said with a slight crack to his voice as Tsukishima slowly looking up with an unfazed expression. "Oh." Tsukishima spoke, placing his glasses on his face.

Tsukishima and Tadashi's relationship was a bit... complicated. Tsukishima was still treating Tadashi like an acquaintance, not even a friend. But on rare occasions, it'll be the complete opposite. So, Tadashi took those rare odds for granted.

"C'mon! You gotta see it." Tadashi's smile gotten a bit wider as he walked over to the door, waiting for the middle blocker to rise to his feet and follow. Tsukishima exhaled, standing up from his bed for a couple of stretches.

Eventually, Tadashi and Tsukishima arrived at the area that was filled with items and related things Tsukishima enjoyed and liked. The middle blocker paused, looking at the decorations of big and small dinosaurs balloons as a small cakes sat in the middle of the table, showing his favorite, strawberry shortcake.

Tsukishima glanced down at the pinch blocker beside him as Tadashi looked up at him with a smile. "You did this?" Tsukishima questioned, pointed towards the decorated area as Tadashi gave a proud nod. "Yeah! It took forever, but I managed to get it done overnight! Do you like it?" Tadashi tilted his head again with a nervous chuckle.

Tsukishima stiffened up, looking back at the decorations. He absolutely loved them, but didn't know how to explain it face to face with the pinch server. Tsukishima was filled with slight joy and shock from this unexpected surprise. He took a step towards the table, looking down at the cake.

"Mhm." Tsukishima hummed with a slight nod, almost not noticing he replied. Tadashi's face brighten up like the sun rising at dawn. A small gasp escaped the pinch server's throat as a big smile was placed on his face. "Really? Thank you, Tsukki!" Tadashi giggled, giving the middle blocker a soft and warm hug.

He didn't notice his actions at first, so he quickly paused, unraveling his arms around Tsukishima's torso with a flustered pink hue towards his face. "Sorry, got a bit carried away there.." Tadashi chuckled nervously, looking down as he rubbed the back of his neck. Tsukishima still felt the warmness from Tadashi's soft hug. He softly grunted, tugging on the pinch server's shirt.

"Come here." Tsukishima mumbled, almost kind of demanding, but Tadashi froze for a moment, looking up at the tall volleyball player infront of him with complete shock. He wasn't expecting this from Tsukishima at all. He choked on his words, before swallowing nervously. He quickly hugged Tsukishima back with a relieved exhale.

"Hey Tadashi." Tsukishima gave the pinch server a side hug as Tadashi stuffed his face into Tsukishima's clothing before looking up. "Thanks.. for all of this." Tsukishima paused, rubbing his light colored hair with his free hand. "For me." He cleared his throat, not really the best at thanking people without making it awkward.

Tadashi's eyes watered instantly as he sniffled, trying not to let the tears escape his eyes, though at that was a fail. "Oh.. I.. it was nothing, honestly Tsukki- I.." The pinch server clenched his eyes shut, the tears rolling down the sides of his face of overwhelmed joy.

He shook his head, inhaling. "You're welcome, Tsukki." He added on with a adoring smile. Tsukishima gave a faint smile back, eventually wrapping his two arms around the smaller boy's body for an actual hug.

You're so welcome...

~*~
I wonder how Yams came up with the nickname "Tsukki"...

Have an amazing day!