A Healing Bond | AsaNoya [Angst + Fluff]

Part 3 to "Broken Promises"!

~*~
Nishinoya ran across the court of the gym, doing his warmups, though he couldn't shake off the feeling that Asahi hadn't arrived yet.

He slanted his eyes, as he stopped his legs from moving as he heard someone walk in the court. The tiny libero looked over at the door again, blinking. Though, it was just Takeda returning for some supplies he left behind.

Nishinoya clenched his hand into a tiny fist, gently shaking his head to himself. He slowly walked up towards the coach, rubbing the back of his neck. “Hey.. coach? Could I step outside for a bit..?” Nishinoya mumbled with his head slightly down.

Ukai paused, looking at the libero up and down, noticing his expression wasn't in a really good mood. He shrugged with a nod. “Yeah. Don't take long, we're about to start another practice match soon.” Ukai informed as Nishinoya gave a silent nod, jogging over to the exit of the gym.

He placed one of his hands on the side of the sliding door, looking behind his shoulder at some of his teammates in the middle of their practice match. Nishinoya eventually left, his eyes fixated on the ground and his shoes.

I feel so alone..
Even though I have my teammates, it doesn't feel the same.

This is all my fault. I decided for this to happen.

Nishinoya clenched his eyes shut, stopping in his tracks. He slouched down, pulling his knees up to his chest, dipping his head down. The tiny libero let out choked and silent sobs from his throat, wiping the tears away with the back of his hands as soon as they formed and ran down his face.

I hate myself...
I hate myself for everything I've caused.

Nishinoya's eyes were still shut, though a visual of the ace formed in the back of his head. He sniffled, hiding his face in his shirt, going absolutely silent.

There was a faint tap on his shoulder, then multiple that finally caught the libero's attention. “Hey, dude. Are you alright?” Tanaka blinked, his hands on his knees as he bent down to Nishinoya's sitting level. “You've missed out on practice, you're not really yourself right now.” The wing spiker muttered, concern was in his tone.

“Oh..” Nishinoya replied in a raspy tone, looking at the ground once more. The sky was turning to dusk already, a few stars had formed in the dark sky, along with a bright moon. “Yeah.. I'm just tired.” Nishinoya looked up at Tanaka with a fake smile, rising to his feet to gather his things.

The wing spiker quickly stopped him. “You're not okay, Noya. You were crying.” Tanaka paused, looking at Nishinoya in the eyes with absolute seriousness. “As your friend, I need to know what's wrong.” The wing spiker bit his bottom lip nervously as Nishinoya hesitated.

Just by thinking about what he had done felt like he wanted and needed to cry again. He silently shook his head, entering the gym and leaving Tanaka behind.

As Nishinoya gathered his things and left the gym, he took a different route than his other teammates, the same way Asahi went. He continued his walking before bumping into a much larger person than him. Nishinoya didn't bother to look up. “Sorry.” He quickly and quietly apologized, walking past the person.

“Nishinoya?” Nishinoya stopped walking for a moment, the tone of his name being heard and called sent slightly chills up his spine. It sounded awfully familiar as well. He looked over his shoulder slowly as he eyes instantly widened, finding the ace of Karasuno, Asahi.

“Asahi?!” Nishinoya hiccupped, turning his full body towards the ace. As Asahi was about to open his mouth again, Nishinoya ran over to give him a big, tight hug of affection and love. “Asahi! Please forgive me! It was all my fault, I shouldn't have done it.. I'm so sorry! And I—” Nishinoya started rambling as he sobs into the ace's torso, stuffing his face into his clothing.

Asahi froze, his jaw partly open in shock. He thought he needed to apologize first, but hearing the desperation in Nishinoya's voice, and how sorry he actually was, was enough to make Asahi's coldness go away, and replaced with warmth.

“No, no.. please don't apologize. Nishi, I'm.. really sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you like that back then.” Asahi paused, taking a breath as Nishinoya looked up at his face, sniffling once again.

“So please, don't say it was your fault.” Asahi gave a small smile, rubbing the libero's back as Nishinoya sobbed once more. “I thought I was never going to see you again!” Nishinoya said between sobs, pausing almost every second.

“Where.. were you though? I didn't see you at the gym today.” Nishinoya added on with a question as Asahi paused. “Oh, well..” The ace inhaled sharply through his teeth.

“I didn't come today because.. I thought you'd be furious with me.” Asahi mumbled as Nishinoya immediately shook his head. “Of course I wouldn't!” Nishinoya quickly responded, tightening the hug a bit more.

“I'm just really glad you're here.” Nishinoya paused, looking up at Asahi again.

“With me.” He added on with a sweet smile, happy tears running down his face in the process.

“Yeah, same here.” Asahi whispered, lowering his head to tighten the hug back.

“I love you.” Nishinoya placed one of his hands on Asahi's chest with a small head tilt and a bigger smile.

Asahi repeated the libero's smile before speaking up again.

“I love you too.”

~*~
Yippee! A happy ending!!
I love those two so much.

Have a wonderful day!