Chapter 12: The Second Key

Charlie was in tears as her and Bumblebee escaped. She saw Y/N die trying to save Optimus. They regrouped as she got out of Bumblebee still crying. Optimus was mad and he was throwing stuff.

Optimus: This is my fault. It should've been me.

Airazor: I'm sorry for your loss.

Mirage: No offense, lady, but who are you again?

Airazor: My name is Airazor. I am a Maximal. A warrior from your past and future.

Mirage: Oh, right! That- that tracks. Yeah.

Airazor: We fled our home planet on the eve of this destruction. We sought refuge and hid here on Earth.

Elena: Alright, so you're a Maximal, y'all are Autobots, what was those things that attacked us earlier?

Charlie: Who were they?

Airazor: Terrorcons. Servants of a dark, hungry god who feeds on entire worlds to sustain himself.

Optimus: Unicron.

Mirage: So, you're sayin' this thing, Unicron, eats planets to survive?

Airazor: Yes. And he imbues his servants like Scourge with dark energy, which makes him all but invincible. He is entirely beholden to Unicron. Through his power, he possesses Scourge's soul.

Scourge, Nightbird, and Battletrap were under a highway as he was transported to Unicron and he keels.

Scourge: Awaken, my dark master.

Unicron: Rise. My hunger is killing me. What have you found?

Scourge: Salvation. The galaxy will once again be yours to feast on my master.

Optimus: I should've gotten the key myself. I should've known better than to rely on humans!

Noah: Yo, hold up. What, you blamin' me? After you conveniently left out the part about a planet-eating monster?

Optimus: Because of you, Unicron will now use the key to consume every planet in the universe! Including my homeworld.

Airazor: He doesn't have the key. At least, not all of it.

Back with Scourge, Unicron is outraged that he only has half of the Transwarp Key.

Unicron: YOU FOOL!! This is only half the key!

He telekinetically tortures Scourge in anger.

Scourge: Please, the Maximals! They must have split it!

Unicron: EXCUSES!! Complete the key, or else you will wish you had died with the rest of your planet!

Back with the others, Airazor explains more about the key.

Airazor: We broke the key to two pieces for safe keeping, then split it, and went into hiding. I do not know where the other half is. For all I know, I am the last of our kind.

Elena: It's in Peru.

Charlie: And you know this because?

Elena: It's the symbols on the stone. They were only ever recorded in one other place in the world. The Inca Temple of the Sun in Kuzco. It's one of the oldest buildings in the Western Hemisphere. I'm guessing that that can't be a coincidence.

Arcee: If you can track those symbols to Peru, so can the Terrorcons. We need to get there before they do.

Optimus: And then kill Scourge and take his piece to complete the key.

Noah: Yo, hold up. Hold up. You wanna find this other key and deliver it to the guy that just kicked y'all asses?

Optimus: The Transwarp Key is our only way home.