Chapter 35: Betrayal

Upon arriving back at home with Bumblebee, Sam decided he wasn't going to let the matter go and called Simmons and his assistant Dutch for help.

Simmons: You've got to break this case down. What we have here is an astronaut epidemic. MIA. Dead. Died in a car accident. Killed. DOA. Car death. It's like these guys can't drive. They can fly into outer space, but they can't drive a car.

Brazos opens the door.

Brazos: Procured your information, Witwicky.

Sam: Thank you, Bruce.

Brazos: Now...would you let me see one right now. One time.

Sam: Quick.

Brazos: Very.

Sam lets him in as Brazos sees Bumblebee.

Sam: Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter. It says NASA launched it in 2009. See, forensics show Wang may have messed with the code, preventing it from mapping the far side of the moon, which is also the dark side.

Brazos: Fucking awesome.

Simmons: They infiltrate us, intimidate us, coerce us to do their dirty work. And once they're done, Kadosh. A double-tap to the cerebellum.

Sam: So, humans are working for the Decepticons.

Simmons: I don't think this is about the Decepticons looking for something on the moon. I think it's about something... they wanted to hide.

Brazos was pretending to fight Bumblebee.

Brazos: Come to Daddy. Come on, throw down. Ya! Ha!

Bumblebee: Did you eat a lot of paint chips when you were a kid?

Simmons: He's a freak.

Brazos: Ha! Like it?

Bumblebee points his blaster at him.

Bumblebee: Get back!

Brazos: I'm ticklish!

Simmons turns to Brazos.

Simmons: Sir! We are having a pretty high-level alien intel confab here, that I don't think you're cleared for, errand boy.

Brazos: Yeah, you're right. It's a bitching robot.

Sam: I think it's time to go, Bruce.

Brazos: Thank you so much for this. And-

Sam: Got to go, Bruce.

the computers transform into Brains and Wheelie.

Brains: Hey, I'm smoking over here. Downloaded missing Russian cosmonauts. Turns out the Soviets canceled a manned mission to the moon. The moon! In 1972. And two of their cosmonauts went into hiding in America. And I just found them alive!

Wheelie: You're a genius, Brains.

Bumblebee whistles as Carly enters. Bumblebee tries to get up but hits his head on a chandler.

Brains: Oh, that was smooth, Bumblebee.

Bumblebee: Missed it by that much.

Sam: Hi.

Carly: Would somebody care to tell me what the hell's going on?

Simmons: Who are you?

Carly: Who are you?

Simmons: Who am I? Who is that? Dutch! Frisk her!

Dutch: Certainly.

Sam: No, no. Dutch, uh-