Chapter 33: Sam's Workplace

Sam arrives at Carly's workplace.

Sam: Hi. I'm here to see Carly Spencer.

The receptionist told him where to go, he went and saw Carly.

Sam: Carly!

Carly: You got the job?

Sam: This is crazy.

Carly: You really got it?

Sam: Yes.

Carly: See, what did I tell you? It's the bunny. You are so welcome.

Sam: Do you like me more?

Carly: A little bit, yeah.

Sam: You said you were his assistant curator, you didn't say the guy owns Space Mountain.

Carly: I know. Isn't it beautiful in here? And, he's the coolest guy. Ever.

Sam: Yeah?

Carly: Yeah.

Dylan Gould walks up to the couple.

Dylan: Sam! Dylan Gould.

Sam: Hey. A pleasure to meet you.

Dylan: Pleasure meeting you. Carly's told me a lot about you.

Sam: Well, vice versa. It's a- it's a beautiful building you got. It's like the Starship Enterprise in here.

Dylan: Thank you very much. It leaks. Now, before Carly came to help run the collection, it was just a... complete mess. But now, the restorations are back on track, we're going to Pebble Beach this year and we're gonna get a trophy for that stand right there. You know why? Because this woman right here is my secret weapon.

Carly: Oh.

Sam: Okay.

Carly: Mr. Gould, please, you exaggerate. All I've done is get you organized.

Dylan: Oh, you've done much more than that, my Duchess.

Sam: Oh. Nicknames, that's fun.

Dylan: Yeah. The Duchess.

Older Woman: She's adorable.

Dylan: You know, when I stole her away from the British Embassy, I said: It's easy to manage a country. Try managing a priceless collection of art. Take a look at this 1939 Delahaye 165 Cabriolet. Designed by a Frenchman. Look at the curves. Elegant, isn't it? Beautiful. Sensual. Built to evoke the body of the ideal woman. Come on. My dad had a ten dollar desk and a dream, and he built it into an empire.

Dylan leads Sam to more vehicles.

Sam: Whoa-ha-ha! Wow.

Dylan: We're the largest accounting firm in the U.S. I started up the venture side after he, ah, passed. Invest in the future. Try and bet on the winners. See, collecting cars helps me keep my sanity.

Sam sees multiple pictures of Dylan when he was young.

Sam: You guys look great.

Carly: Oh. That was a great day, Mr. Gould.

Dylan: I haven't seen that one.

Carly: No. Me neither.

Dylan: Jeans are tight.

Sam and Carly exit the building and walk to Sam's car as Carly waves goodbye to Dylan.

Sam: Oh. Here we go. Here we go. You see that? Judgment. Judging a man by his car? And you're gonna wave at him while he's judging me?