Chapter 20: Looking For The Glasses

Optimus Prime walks towards Sam.

Optimus: Are you Samuel James Witwicky, descendent of Archibald Witwicky?

Mikaela: They know your name.

Sam: Yeah.

Optimus: My name is Optimus Prime. We are autonomous robotic organisms from the planet Cybertron.

Ratchet: But you can call us Autobots for short.

Jazz: What's cracking, little bitches?

Optimus: My first lieutenant. Designation, Jazz.

Jazz: This looks like a cool place to kick it.

Sam: What is that? How did he learn to talk like that?

Optimus: We've learned Earth's languages through the World Wide Web. My weapons specialist, Ironhide.

Ironhide: You feeling lucky, punk?

Optimus: Easy, Ironhide.

Ironhide: Just kidding. I just wanted to show him my cannons.

Optimus: Our medical officer, Ratchet.

Ratchet: The boy's pheromone level suggests he wants to mate with the female.

Y/N and Charlie look at each other and then back at Sam and Mikaela who Sam whistles.

Optimus: You already know your guardian, Bumblebee.

Sam: Bumblebee, right? So, you're my guardian, huh?

Y/N: Yes, and as you already know his vocal processors were damaged in battle.

Ratchet: I'm still working on them.

Optimus: And my second-in-command, Y/N and his wife Charlie.

Mikaela: Why are you here?

Optimus: We are here looking for the All Spark. And we must find it before Megatron.

Sam: Mega-what?

Optimus shows them a hologram of Cybertron.

Optimus: Our planet was once a powerful empire, peaceful and just, until we were betrayed by Megatron, leader of the Decepticons. All who defied them were destroyed. Our war finally consumed the planet, and the All Spark was lost to the stars. Megatron followed it to Earth, where Captain Witwicky found him.

Sam: My grandfather.

Optimus: It was an accident that intertwined our fates.

It then shows Sam's grandfather finding Megatron.

Optimus: Megatron crash-landed before he could retrieve the Cube. He accidentally activated his navigation system. The coordinates to the Cube's location on Earth were imprinted on his glasses.

Sam: How'd you know about his glasses?

Y/N: eBay.

Sam: eBay.

Ratchet: If the Decepticons find the All Spark, they will use its power to transform Earth's machines and build a new army.

Optimus: And the human race will be extinguished. Sam Witwicky, you hold the key to Earth's survival.

Mikaela: Please tell me that you have those glasses.

Over the Atlantic a U.S. plane is in the sky as they examine the Scorponok tail.

Male 19: It's like a self-regenerating molecular armor.

Lennox: Look at the scorch mark where the sabot round hit. Melted right through. Hey, aren't sabots hot-loaded for, like, a 6,000-degree magnesium burn?