3•

Justice

Justice

"I hear you Mom, I'm fine and the building replaced the key fob for me so chill out. You buggin' for no reason right now" I rolled my eyes listening to how she kept going on and on about my safety. I swear she acts like if you lose a key somebody would know exactly which building and apartment it would belong to. I had my key fob replaced and Car key replaced all within a week.

Walking out of my closet, I set my phone down beside me and put it on speaker so I could slip on my Givenchy Shark lock boots. Tonight Dessi was having a get together for her birthday at a rented Airnbnb in the suburbs.

"Yuh need fi call mi more" She ranted switch back and forth between her accents letting her Jamaica roots take over. She only did that when she was deadass serious about a situation and when speaking to family members.

"Okay I'll call you later, I promise. I love you goodbye" I hung up and let out a loud sigh, if it wasn't my dad it was her nagging me. I need them to realize I was way too grown for this and would appreciate it if they put this energy towards Zoey she's the one who is a minor doing whatever she wants to do.

After spraying on some perfume I looked at the time that flashed across my lock screen and cursed to myself. "I'm running late" Going into the closet I picked out my red Givenchy Antigona hand bag that matched the boots. Double checking to make sure I locked my front door I got onto the elevator and pressed the button leading to the private garage.

I heard my phone ringing I knew it couldn't be anyone else but Dessi. I waited until I was fully into the driver's seat of my car to check my phone. I bit my bottom lip while contemplating if I should return the call to the last person I wanted to hear from right now. That was until I seen his contact flash across my screen again.

"Fuck it" I answered the phone and waited until it was quiet on his end since it sounds like he was at a party. I took that time to go to the Google Maps and put in the address Dessi sent me.

"Damn stranger what's up?" His voice irritated me so much yet made my heart flutter.

I laughed and focused on the road while heading out onto the street leading towards the expressway. "What do you want Jay?"

it was silent on his side of the line for a while before he spoke up "I just wanted to hear your voice Justice, Im coming to Chicago soon and want to see you"

I shook my head as if he could see me through the phone "I don't know Jason I'm super busy with school and it's so much going on" I attempted to express some excuses but I knew he wasn't buying it.

"That's Cap Justice but it's cool"

"Fine, I'll see just let me know ahead of time when you are coming here so I can tell you if im busy or not" I gave in. It was going to be hard to completely let Jason out of my life he's been there for some of the biggest moments in my life. He knows some things that Dessi didn't even know. After having this brief conversation with him, I was happy when the call ended. Pulling into the neighborhood where Dessi was having her party. I looked around at all the cars parked around the house curious as to how she even knew this many people in Chicago.