5 •

Justice

Justice

I sat up while adjusting my airpods in my ear. I was listening to Dessi on facetime tell me about her toxicity with Dayvon. Apparently they got into a big fight a few days ago on the expressway. Dessi's crazy ass decided she wanted to act the hell out and try to grab the wheel while he was driving. Von then pulled over and the both of them were fighting on the side of the expressway not caring that cars were passing by.

"And so what else happened yall made up right?" I grabbed my water bottle and took a sip. I just finished working out about an hour ago and now after a hot shower I had plans to listen to my friend and relax for the remainder of the night.

"Girl by the end of the night, I was like uh, uh, uh" She propped the phone up so I could see her with her back arched while she twerked. I damn near choked on my water.

"Yall are something else but seriously though Dessi somebody could've ran yall over"

"Yeah, Yeah I know. But anyways I'm surprised you did your workout around this time. You're usually a morning person" Dessi said as she walked into her bathroom looking in the mirror. I was the type of person that wakes up early at five am so I could get a workout in before starting my day but today was different. I decided to workout at eight tonight since I had errands to run this morning.

"Yeah I know I was supposed to go this morning but I was studying instead" I slightly smiled seeing that Durk was calling me. Lately we've been having conversations here and there. He seems like he had a busy life and I'm sure he felt the same way about me considering the fact that work and school has basically took over my time. "I will call you right back" I quickly hung up on Dessi and answered the phone for him.

"Hey what's up?"

"So you just gone leave me on seen?"

"My bad I was on the phone with Dessi she was distracting me" I chuckled looking through my messages. I in fact did open his message without responding

"Yeah iight. Come downstairs I wanna see you"

I furrowed my eyebrows "Who told you to just pull up to my building" I quickly got up and went to the bathroom looking over my curls. I'm glad I already showered and did my oral hygiene. I applied a little mousse to my curls and ran my fingers through them.

"I was about to go home but I wanted to see you first so come downstairs"

"Okay give me two minutes" I went back into the living room grabbing my keys and airpods case.

"I'm giving you sixty seconds"

"Boy bye" I hung up and headed out the door. My phone started ringing again this time it was Zoey. To save myself the headache I declined the call.

Once I was off the elevator I walked past the doormen giving them a light smile before leaving out of the building. Seeing Durk in a new car. This was the third car I've seen him in since I met him.