6 •

~ 6 Years Ago~

Bronx, NY 📍

"Justice stop playing so much, which one do you want. It's hot as hell out here" Dessire held up two of the Popsicles while watching Justice and Nell play fight.

Justice looked between the two flavors she had in her hand settling for the blue one. You couldn't go wrong with any type of blue drink, Popsicle, candy,etc. Dessire cursed to herself once she realized she would be left with the orange flavored one.

"You lucky she called your name, I was about to fuck you up" Nell said and imitated the headlock he previously had Justice in.

"Anyways we still going to that party later on tonight right?" Dessire asked before going to sit on the stairs.

"I don't know yall my dad probably gone trip and he definitely don't want me in Brooklyn. You know how he is" I sat next to Dessi, leaning my elbows back on the stair behind me.

Jay walked up with his face scrunched up "Man yo pops be talking mad shit about Brooklyn like Bronx is any better" Jason dapped up Nell and sat at the end of the stairs right in front of me.

Nell shook his head and dribbled his basketball between his legs. "The Bronx is way better, can't lie"

"Man shut up I aint ask you" Jay leaned up and stole the ball from Nell.

"I'm being forreal but honestly I can't wait to leave New York. This shit holding me back from my dreams and shit. I'm going to the NBA hopefully right outta school" Nell nodded.

I had faith and all of my friends. I knew Nell would make it some type of way playing Basketball and so would Jay. I never doubted them in any way anything was possible in my eyes.

"You not gone make it out of here if you keep running around in the streets selling drugs " Dessi said bluntly.

"You one to talk. I heard you was selling something on the streets too and it's not drugs" Nell stared at Dessire as the group got quiet.

Jay broke the silence "I ain't gone lie selling pussy at the age of fifteen is crazy Dessire. Did you even try filling out a job application first?"

I turned to the side to hide my light laugh.

"Fuck yall. Yall know I'm not selling anything on my body these bitches just mad that my nigga got money and he chose to spend it on me" She crossed her legs and flipped her curly hair over her shoulder.

"Ain't yo nigga like eighteen?" Jay looked back at Dessire waiting on a answer.

"Nineteen" Nell interrupted. Nell started to recently run the Bronx streets with a few guys who held big status in the drug game and it was evident they were using the younger boys in the hood to sell for them. It benefited some of them because they were making money from their cuts but it still brought down a lot of the people around them. Nell knew the guy that Dessire was 'dating' and he even told her multiple times to stop messing with him since he was the first to hear how he would talk about how stupid she was and how many other bitches he had all over New York.

Dessire didn't care or at least didn't show it she felt like the money and attention he gave to her made her feel special.

"Yeah that nigga going straight to Riker's island" Jay laughed and Dessire nudged his shoulder.