9 •

Justice sat back in her chair, twisting her curly hair around her index finger while talking to Chris and Dearra two of the other medical assistants in the office

Chris looked between Dearra and Justice and smacked his lips "So neither one of yall can cover for me? I really need this little day off"

"You need a day off for what?" Dearra smirked and packed up her stuff since her shift was about to be over.

"My man tryna take me out Friday so I feel like since yall both love me so much one of yall can pick up my shift" Chris smiled trying to convince the two. Dearra laughed and looked the other way while Justice contemplated on taking the shift.

"Its a morning shift right?" She looked at her calendar seeing that she didn't have any classes that day and since the end of the semester was nearing she had a little more availability.

"Yup eight am, please Justice I'll fill in for you at anytime in the future"

She nodded her head "Okay I'll do it" she said with a smile knowing that she would definitely take him up on the other whenever she needed a day off to herself.

"See this why I fuck with you more than Dearra trifling ass" He mumbled and Dearra nudged his shoulder while walking past.

"I heard that. Anyways I'll see you tomorrow Justice" she said while giving her a hug and heading out.

Bleu walked up to the front desk setting his clip board down and looking up at Justice. Chris cleared his throat and went to go finish setting up one of the examination rooms.

"Hey so you never got back to me about lunch" He looked her up and down.

Since Justice started at this job she noticed how nice he was to mostly the females in the office. However she didn't want to assume anything and blamed it on his southern hospitality. At first she noticed he would ask the different women to lunch and called it 'Getting to know and understand them' to build a better relationship in the office.

"Oh I'm sorry" she looked down at her apple watch seeing the message from Durk and quickly looked back up at Bleu. "Umm I already had lunch, just a salad today"

He nodded and looked back at the patient coming in with her son. Picking up his clipboard and walking back to his office.

Justice checked in the patient and then went into the examination room doing a a pre-screening and updating the child's medical records before turning to talk to his mother. "Everything looks good, Doctor Stevens will be in within a few minutes" she then looked at the young child "You're doing good" she gave him a high five and smiled. This wasn't her first time seeing the little boy and his mother come in.