20 •

New York, NY 📍10:40 AM

New York, NY 📍
10:40 AM

"Hurry up Justice!" Zoey rushed her sister to come open the gifts that were covering the entire couch of the suite's living room.

Justice had just woken up about an hour ago and wanted to take a shower and get herself together. She sat in the studio last night for hours and hours bringing in her birthday while recording a new single.

Justice was originally supposed to go back to Chicago but her friends flew in late last night to surprise her.

"Why are you rushing me? You act like these are your gifts?" Justice came in the front room with her eyes glued to her phone's screen as she responded to the messages that flooded her notification center.

Zoey grabbed her plate so she could move closer to the couch. "I mean whatever you don't like or don't wear I'll definitely be rocking it so yeah it's kinda like my gifts"

Justice locked her phone and smiled widely at the set up that awaited her. "Oh my god Zoey you actually did this?" she turned to her sister who scrunched her face up in return.

"Girl hell nah. Your man did. I feel like being your sister is a gift as it is. Correct?" Zoey took a peek in one of the Gucci bags.

Justice popped her hand and sat at the end of the couch so she could start opening her gifts. "No but I'll let you go this one time"

"I'm just kidding. Mine is in the Cartier bag" Zoey watched her sister go through the many bags. Her eyes lit up with each gift, due to the fact that they were things she had pointed out or talked about that she thought Durk wasn't paying attention to.

Like clockwork, her phone started to ring and she quickly answered it. Once the facetime call connected her smile slightly fell once she saw that he was still in bed, In Chicago. "I thought you were going to come here" she questioned.

He sat up in his bed "I am. I had to do something last night so that fucked up my timing i'll be there late though. You opened all of your gifts?"

Justice shook her head "No I have two more left" she flipped her camera to see the remaining gifts. "I love everything so far though I really do."

"Open that blue one first" He smirked as she turned the camera back around and reached for the smaller blue box with a white satin bow on it.

Zoey sat her food down as she pulled out her own phone to record. She already knew what the gift was, since she helped with it. She watched Justice pull the bow off and opened the jewelry box. She was quiet as her eyes fell upon the Gold Diamond necklace. In the middle was a picture of Nell and Justice from when they were kids. A picture she hasn't seen since Nell's mother took it that day.

Her silence was now concerning since she sat the phone down and truly admired the chain. As hard as she tried to fight the urge to cry she lost that battle. Tears brimmed her now glossy eyes. "How'd you get this picture?" was the first thing to come out of her mouth.