10 •

Justice laid silently in the bed listening to the heavy rain drops hit the window followed by the loud sound of thunder

Justice laid silently in the bed listening to the heavy rain drops hit the window followed by the loud sound of thunder. She scooted her body back closer to Durk's and rested her hand on top of his arm which was wrapped around her waist.

For the past hour she had been up letting the thoughts in her mind run freely. Justice had a huge heart and Dearra's story was something that made it hurt bad. When she asked Justice for her advice the other day it was like her mind was at a standstill as she didn't want to steer her new friend into a decision that would effect the rest of her life.

"Stop moving Justice" his voice rasped from behind her. She didn't realize how much she kept moving around to get comfortable.

"My bad I can't sleep" she reached over and picked up her phone, opening up her Tik Tok app. Something she would do all the time if she couldn't sleep. She covered her mouth trying to hold her laugh in as the first video on her For You Page was of Raymonte approaching some white lady telling her that her bob was fye.

Durk moved his arm from around her waist and grabbed her phone locking it and then tossing it behind him. He then rested his arm back to the previous spot on her body and she smacked her lips "You're buying me another one if it's broken"

----------

The Next Morning

Justice sat next to Dearra and placed her hand on Dearra's knee to stop it from bouncing anxiously. They were in the clinic, Justice being there for support of course.

Dearra looked around the room at the different people in the waiting room some of them varying from different ages. She shook her head and grabbed her purse "I can't do this Justice, I don't know what I was thinking. What if I do this and something goes wrong I'll probably never be able to have kids again in the future" She said just above a whisper so only the two of them can hear.

Justice rubbed her back to calm her down "Whatever choice you make I'm here to support Dearra. If you don't want to go through with it at least see the doctor so you can check up on your health and get a prescription for prenatals"

She sighed and nodded "You're right" she sat back in her chair again.

Justice pulled out her phone as it vibrated in her pocket, she declined the call and sent a text message to Jason letting him know she would call him back. Once Dearra's name was called she looked up and over at Dearra. "You want me to come with you or?"

Dearra's wiped her face "No It's Okay. I should be fine, you just being here for me is enough."

Justice smiled and got comfortable in her chair while Dearra went into the back. The front door open and closed and Justice kept her eyes down as she scrolled on her phone looking at the reviews and pictures of the restaurant her dad made reservations at.

She could hear one of the girls that sat a few seats down from her on the phone talking semi-loudly on her phone talking about how this was her second abortion. Making some of the people in the waiting room look at her crazy. Damn. Justice thought to herself as she kept her attention on her phone.