Chapter three

Emily's POV

"You know it's not a bad thing to like someone," Sam says. "Sam I have a kid I can't just get involved with someone". "I'm just saying it wouldn't be such a bad thing" Sam says. "Maybe one day". The rest of my shift goes by, Abby and I trade off at two. I go out to my car and get in starting it. I pull out of work and make my way to Sara's school to pick her up. I get to Sara's school and line up in the parent pick up line. I go through the line until I'm in the first spot and get out. I walk over and sign for Sara as she comes running to me. "Momma," Sara says and hugs my legs. "Hey sweet pea you ready to go home". Sara nods and we go to the car and I get her buckled before I go to the drivers seat and we drive off. "Did you have a good day at school"? "I guess so," Sara says. "Why's that"? "I don't know, everyone was talking about their dads and the dance in a month" sara says. "I'm sorry sweetie but you know what you and I will go". "Really momma, but it's supposed to be for dads and daughters," Sara says. "I'm sure it will be ok sweet pea". "Okay momma" Sara says and I drive home. I park beside our house and turn off the car. I get out and open Sara's door unbuckling her from her car seat. Sara gets out and I take her hand as we walk to and inside the house. I close the front door as Sara puts her bookbag. "So what are we thinking for dinner"? "Something with mac n cheese" Sara says. "Okay hamburger helper it is". I make my way to the kitchen as Sara goes to her room. Sara comes back out of her room with her lazy around the house shorts and shirt. "Okay sweet pea i'll be there in just a second to help you" I say and Sara goes back into her room. I start making the mac n cheese and make my way to Sara's room to help her put the clothes she wants on. I help Sara get dressed and go back out to the kitchen to finish cooking dinner. As I'm cooking Sara sits at the table. "Hey momma why don't i have a dad" Sara asks and my heart drops. I knew this day was coming when she would want to know about her father. "Where is this coming from"? I finish making dinner and make Sara a bowl. "Well all of the other girls have dads and I'm the only one that doesn't" Sara says. "Well mom is just not ready to be with someone". "But what about my dad" Sara asks? "I will tell you more about your father later on when you're older and can understand", "but mom i can understand now" Sara says. "Well for now all you need to know is that it is better for the both of us to stay away from your father ok"? "Ok momma" Sara says in a sad voice. "Okay sweet pea". "Momma, I have an idea, you can find someone new to be my dad". I smile and internally shake my head "i'll think about it sweet pea". "Okay momma" Sara says and we finish eating our dinner.

Chris's POV

I walk into the clubhouse and over to the bar where some of my brothers are sitting. I sit down next to one of my brothers named Bullet. Bullet is one of my fighters, he's damn good at it too. "Hey prez," Bullet says. "Hey man how are the fights going"? "There good we're having some tonight, you gonna be around for it" Bullet asks? "Yeah i'll be around for them, who you fighting"? "Someone from a screw on the north border" Bullet says. "Nice". As me and bullet talk about his fight one of the sweet butts candy comes up to me. "Hey prez, can i get you anything to drink" Candy asks? "No thanks darlin i'm good". "Ok just let me know if you need anything" Candy says and walks back to the other end of the bar where some of the others are sitting. After about an hour Sam walks through the door. "Hey Sam what's up," Bullet asks? "I'm your manager, remember I have to be here for your fights" Sam says. "Oh yeah that's right" Bullet says as Sam sits down next to me. "So I saw that you met Emily at the store this morning," Sam says. "Yeah she seemed like a nice girl". "She's a woman Prez, and I need your help finding someone in her past," Sam says. "What do you mean Sam"? "She had an abusive ex and all she'll tell me is that she prays he won't find them," Sam says. "Them"? "She has a daughter in preschool," Sam says. "I'm guessing the abusive shit is the little girl's father". "Yeah" Sam says. As Sam talks about Emily I find myself wanting to help her. "I'll look and see what I can find, has he ever found them,"? "Just her he doesn't know about Sara," Sam says. "So she's trying to protect her daughter from this bitch by running"? "Yeah, if he shows up here she'll run again," Sam says. "And what after that runs every time he finds her or worse Sara and her". "You sound worried there Prez," Sam says. "Well she shouldn't have to live in fear of an abusive piece of shit". Sam smirks and leans in "you like her"? "What no, I don't even know her". "It's not a bad thing to like someone,"Sam says. I roll my eyes. "How about you invite her and Sara to the BBQ, let them have a good time and relax some"? "I don't know Emily's not about big crowds," Sam says. "Well I will drop by and I'll invite them".