Chapter 4

Emily's POV

As I'm putting Sara to bed I get a call on my phone saying that Sara doesn't have school tomorrow. I close Sara's bedroom door and go to my room ringing Sam. "Hey darlin you okay, " Sam says answering the phone. "Yeah I was wondering if i could bring Sara with me to work tomorrow her school called and said that they're going to be out"? "Yeah no problem you know Sara is always welcome," Sam says. "Thanks sam see you tomorrow". "No problem doll" Sam says and I hang up the phone. I sign and clean up from dinner, washing the dishes and putting them up. I go to my room and strip as I get in the shower and wash my hair and body. I get out of the shower and wrap my towel around my body and go to my sink as I wash my fash and put on a moisturizer. I put on my silk pajama set and crawl into my bed setting my alarm for work in the morning. I fall asleep knowing that me and my little girl are safe inside our home.

Emily's nightmare

I was in the kitchen making dinner for me and David. David came through the door mad and frustrated from work. "Emily why the hell is your car moved? I thought I told you not to leave this house for a week". "I'm sorry David but I had to go to the store so I could get some things to fix for dinner". "I don't fucking care if you need to go to the hospital you are not suppose to leave this house for a whole week" David yells at me. "I'm sorry David '' I say, shrinking back. David comes up to me and slaps me so hard I land on the floor. "You didn't do what I said now you'll pay for it" David says getting on top of me and starts punching me over and over again.

End of Emily's nightmare

I wake up with a jolt looking around me. I calm down when I realize that I'm not in that house any more, but in my bed in the house with Sara. I get out of bed and run to the front door horrified that it's not locked. I sigh in relief when I see it is. I walk into the kitchen and look at the clock on the stove to see it three in the morning. I get me a glass of water and go back to my room. Walking down the hallway I peek into Sara's room making sure I didn't wake her. I let out another sigh seeing that Sara is still asleep. I walk back into my room and my bathroom washing my face with cold water. I walk over to my bed and sit down trying to breathe. I sit up against my headboard grabbing my phone to distract me till I can go back to sleep until my alarm goes off for me to go to work later. I watch youtube on my phone till i end up laying back down and going back to sleep. I wake up later to my alarm going off for work. I groan and roll over and grab my phone, turning off my alarm. I get out of my bed and go to the kitchen to start breakfast. I cook eggs, sausage and toast to bring with me and Sara for later when we're at the store. I pack Sara's in her lunchbox and put it in a bag along with some coloring books and some of her bolls. After I'm done getting Sara's bag ready I make my way to my room and get dressed as quickly as possible. I get dressed and go to Sara's room (outfit up top). "Sara sweet pea it's time to wake up" I say and go to Sara's closet picking out her clothes for today. I hear Sara groan and move around a little bit "momma i don't have school today," Sara says. "Yes I know but I have work and you're too young to stay home by yourself". "Okay" Sara says and gets up to go to her bathroom. After Sara is done using the bathroom I get her dressed and we go out to the kitchen (Sara's outfit up top). "Momma, where's breakfast?" Sara asks? "I packed it so you can eat once we get to my work ok baby girl"? Sara nods her head and I grab her bag, my phone and keys as we make our way out of the house and to the car. Sara and I get to the car and I buckle her in and put her bag in the passenger seat as I get in the driver's seat. I go to start the car and it wont start. It tries to but can't. "Damnit". I take out my phone and call sam. "Hey what's up, is everything ok" Sam asks? "No, my car wont start, do you think you could come get Sara and I"? "I can't leave the store but I'll get someone to you and Sara so you can get here," Sam says. "Ok if you don't find anyone let me know and we will walk". "No, don't walk from your house to here, it's not safe on some of those streets" Sam says. "Okay". Sam hangs up and Sara talks to me from the back seat "what's wrong mommy"? "The car won't start but mr. Sam is going to get someone to come get us". "Oh well I hope they're nice" Sara says. I grab Sara's bag and my things and make my way back around to Sara. I unbuckle her and we go back inside to wait for whoever Sam finds to give us a ride. "Come on sweetie you eat while we wait" I say and hand Sara her lunchbox. Sara goes to the table climbing up into one of the chairs and unzips her lunchbox, taking out her food and starts to eat it.