Chapter 8

Chris's POV

It takes all that I can not to pull Emily to me. When Sam called me this morning and asked me if I could give Emily and Sara a ride to the shop. That her car had broken down and that she had no way to work. I wasn't going to do it and then Sam told me where they live and how dangerous it could be to walk from there and with Sara at that. But when I met her and then saw how guarded Emily is just so Sara can be a child. I wanted to help her and then she left Sara's bag in my truck and all I could think of seeing her relief when I brought Sara's bag in. so i turned around and drove back to the store and it was worth it. The relief and the calm I saw on her when I handed her that bag. It was like I made her whole day and all I could think of was how to keep her relaxed and not so worried all the time. I wasn't expecting her to ask me to stay but I had some time to kill before bullet's fight so I stayed and I now know that I want it all with her. I don't know how it happened this fast but I really don't care. I want her and all that comes with her. I drive and pull into the clubhouse. I park and get out, going to the gym and waiting for the fights to start as I sit at our side of the ring. I'm sitting there for a few minutes when Sam walks up to me with a pissed off look. " oh god i know that look what happened this time"? "Bullet's not going to make it, his old lady and kid got sick" Sam says. "Is he okay, how bad are they"? "Bullet thinks it's a bug that his kid caught at school and then his son gave it to his old lady so he needs to take care of them" Sam says and I nod. "I agree nothing is more important than family, get one of the prospects to take some groceries over to him to help". "One problem they'll need a list" Sam says. "Okay i'll put together a list and then i'll type up and get ready to fill in for Bullet". Sam nods and walks back out of the gym and I groan, picking up my phone. As I look at my phone to write a list I realize I have no idea what to put down because I've never had to take care of someone else when they're sick. I haven't but Emily probably has so i open my text messages and text her "hey sweetness". A few minutes later Emily messages me back "hey chris". "What are you up to babygirl"? "I just put Sara to bed," Emily responds . "cool, can i ask you for a favor"? "Umm sure, what is it?" Emily responds. "One of the brothers is taking care of his sick wife and kid me and the rest of the club are going to send some groceries over to him but I have no idea what we should send". "Well I would do soup, crackers, sprite, and any soft foods that would be easy for them to get down" Emily respond. "Thank you so much sweetness i'll see you tomorrow" i text back and write a list out sending it to one of the prospects. I smile as I put my phone away and go to the locker room to get ready for the fight.

Emily's POV

I put my phone away as I hit send on a list of things for Chris to get his brother. I stand up from my bed and go to my bathroom stripping out of my clothes as I turn on the shower. I get in the shower and take my time as I let all my nerves relax. I finish my shower in thirty minutes. I get out of the shower and wrap my towel around my body and do something that I haven't done in a long time. I look at myself in the mirror. I take off my towel and that's when the scare on my ride catches my eye and I put my towel back on. I sigh and walk back into my room making my way to my dresser to pull out a nightshirt and some underwear. Slipping them on, I get into bed but I can't sleep. I roll onto my side and open my phone up. I find one of my games to play until a photo from Chris comes across my screen of some guy holding his arm up and him shirtless with what looks like tape on his hands. They're both smiling and I can't help myself to smile as I look at the picture. I reply back with a question mark and go back to playing the game I was before on my phone. A few minutes later Chris texts back "I had to fill in tonight and I won. I wanted to share my victory with you". I respond"I hope you didn't get hurt and that's good congrats". Chris replies "na nothing that won't heal overnight and thanks doll". "No problem," i respond. "Goodnight baby girl" Chris replies and I feel myself smile at the text as I respond with "goodnight Chris". I turn on a movie to fall asleep to and close my eyes imagining what it would be like to fall asleep beside Chris. I'm jolted awake by a banging at my door. I scram out of my bed and go to my front door looking through the peephole first to see who it is. I see that it's Chris and open the door. "Chris what the hell you're going to wake Sara up"? "I'm sorry baby girl but i need you and sara to come with me now" Chris says pushing his way through the door closing it behind him and locking it.