Chapter 7

Emily's POV

Chris drives Sara and I home. Chris pulls up behind my car and gets out, coming around and opening the door for Sara and I. we get out and Sara runs inside leaving me and Chris standing outside by his truck. "Does your door not lock" Chris asks? "Not at the moment i haven't had time to fix it". "I see" Chris says and I nod. "Would you like to stay for dinner? We could talk and get to know one another a little"? "I could never say no to home cooked food" Chris says and I smile. Chris and I walk into the house and I shout for Sara. Sara comes out of her room dressed in her lay around the house clothes and I smile. "Mr. Chris is going to have dinner with us. Is that ok with you sweet pea"? "Of course momma," Sara says and hugs me. I hug her back and we pull away from one another. "Chris is there anything possofic you would like for dinner"? "Whatever you want to make sweetness," Chris says. "Umm ok i'll just put something together than", "sounds good"chris says and Sara runs off to her room as i go to the kitchen with chis following behind me. I take out ingredients for spaghetti and start making it. "I hope you like spaghetti"? "Spaghetti sounds great sweetness, do you need any help" Chris asks? "No but you can sit in here and talk to me because Sara probably won't come out of her room till dinner is done". "Okay then" Chris says and pulls out one of the chairs that's at the table and sits down. "So what do you wanna talk about"? "You, I wanna know more about you, and Sara" Chris says. "Okay, what do you wanna know about us"? "Everything" Chris says. "Okay, well ask anything you want and I will answer it". "When did you and Sara move here" Chris asks? " We've been here for about three years. We moved here when Sara was a little over one". "Where did you move from" Chris asks? "We moved from a very small town in Georgia". "Do you and Sara have any family" Chris asks? "Not really my parents died when I was young and the few relatives I do have I haven't seen or talked to since before I was pregnant with Sara". "Why has it been so long" Chris asks? "It's complicated. I was with someone and they made me block myself off from the family I did have". Chris nods and stands walking over and standing beside me as I cook. "Why don't you talk to them now that you are away from this someone" Chris asks? "Umm I don't really know, I just haven't had the time to really try and find them again". "What about Sara's father is he in the picture" Chris asks? I laugh "oh god no and i hope he never is". "Why is that" Chris says? "Sara's father is an abusive narcissist that doesn't know when to leave someone alone". "I'm sorry you had to go through that," chris says. " yeah well we're still running from him the day i found out i was pregnant with Sara i ran and i've been running from him ever since". "Is that why you moved here because you're running from him, did he find you" Chris asks? "He has found me in the past and yes that's why we moved here". "Does he know that Sara exists" Chris says? "Not to my knowledge, but he could, I hope he doesn't because I don't want Sara to get hurt". "Do you know if he has stopped looking for you" Chris asks? "Honestly I don't know and that scares me". "You don't have to be scared Emily, I can help" Chris says. "No Chris, this is my problem not yours". "What if he comes here to this town" Chris asks? "I'd probably pack up Sara's and I's things and run again. "You don't have to run anymore Sweetness, if he comes here will you let me handle it" Chris asks? "I don't know, I can't risk him hurting Sara". "I understand so what are your favorite things to do outside of being a mom" Chris asks? "Well I love to read and do puzzles like crosswords or sudoku". "Cool, how old are you" Chris asks? "I'm 26". Chris nods and I finish cooking the spaghetti sauce. "Let's eat and then me and you can talk about you instead of me". "Okay that sounds fair" Chris says and I yell for Sara to come get her dinner. I fix her a plate and set it in front of where I know she will sit down. Sara comes into the kitchen and sits down in front of her plate. Chris comes over to me "you sit down i'll make your plate sweetness" Chris says. "Oh you don't have to do that i can make yours and then sit down", "no babygirl i insist" chris says guiding me over to the table and pulling out the seat beside Sara for me to sit down. I sigh and sit down giving into him. Chris smirks and goes back to the stove fixing mine and his plates. Chris comes back over and places my plate in front of me as he sits down in the seat next to me. We all eat our food. "This is amazing baby girl," Chris says. "Oh it's nothing i haven't done a million times before". "Well it's still very good" Chris says and finishes eating his food". "Thank you". "Momma, I'm done with my plate," Sara says. "Okay sweet pea you can go play in your room and i'll give you a bath later". "Okay momma" Sara says and gets down from her seat and goes to her room. "So you tell me about you". "Well there's not much, I'm president of the motorcycle club here in town called the devil's riders, I don't have much family outside of the club. I've lived here my whole life, in my free time I fight in an underground ring for the club" Chris says and i'm a little in shock. "Is that dangerous, could you get hurt"? "It's normally not that bad. I mainly fight whenever another fighter for the club can't or won't show up for the fight. "Oh okay" I finish my food and I stand up taking my plate to the sink and Chris does the same. "How about I help you out with these dishes and then I have to go and a few of my fighters have fights tonight and i have to be there" Chris says. "Oh okay yeah that's fine" I say and we do the dishes in a comfortable silence between the both of us. We get done with the dishes and I follow Chris to the door. "It was nice getting to know you Chris". "I enjoyed getting to know you too," Chris says. "Maybe we can do this again sometime". "I'll be here tomorrow to get you and Sara for the BBQ" Chris says. "Okay we'll be here". Chris nods and walks to his truck as I shut the front door behind him. After I hear his truck pull out of the driveway I go to Sara and get her a bath before putting her to bed.