Chapter 5

Emily's POV
About 20 minutes go by until I hear a truck pull up outside and then a knock on the front door. "Finish up sweet pea we have to go" I say and go to the front door. I open the door and see prez the guy from the store yesterday. "Sam asked me to give you and your daughter a ride to the store" prez says. "Okay just let me grab Sara and my phone". "Sure no problem sweetness" Prez says and I roll my eyes walking back to the kitchen. "Come on Sara, our ride is here sweet pea" I say and wait for Sara to make her way to me as I grab her bag. "I thought you didn't like little nicknames" Prez says and I turn towards him. "No, I said that I didn't like your little nicknames". "Whatever you say Emily" Prez says and Sara makes her way to stand behind me. "Mommy, who is this" Sara asks? "This is Mr. Sam's friend, he's here to give us a ride to mommy's work. Sara peeks out slightly behind me and looks at prez. "Hi there little one" prez says. "You're tall," Sara says. "Yes that I am, may I give you and your momma a ride to her work" prez asks? Oh my I think my heart just melted at seeing this brute of a man be so gentle and careful with my little girl. "Ok" Sara says and hides back behind me and I smile up at him mouthing a thank you to him. Prez nods and turns around "come on let's get y'all to the store" Prez says and leads us out to his truck. Prez opens the passenger door for me to get in and I smile as I pick Sara up and slide into the passenger seat of the two door black chevy truck. "Thank you prez". "Your welcome" Prez says and closes the door going to the drivers side and getting in. I adjust Sara on my lap and pull the seat belt across both of us and click it into place. Prez starts the truck and drives us to the shop. He pulls into the parking lot and up in front of the door. I unbuckle Sara and I and get out of the truck, setting Sara on her feet. Sara takes off into the shop and I look to prez. "Thank you again, I know you didn't have to come get us". "No problem sweetness" Prez says smirking at me and winks at me as I step back and he drives off. I smile to myself and walk into the store to find Sara. I clock in and find Sara in the back with sam. "Sara you're not disturbing Mr. Sam are you"? "Na this little one could never disturb me" Sam says. "Okay if you say so". "Did prez give y'all a ride" Sam asks? "Yeah he did". "Was he nice" Sam asks? "Yes actually he was". "Prez is a weird name" Sara chimes in. "Well don't tell him i told you this but you can call him chris" Sam says. "Ok Mr. Sam" Sara says. "We're having a BBQ tomorrow. You and Sara should come, it's going to be a lot of fun" Sam says. "I don't know Sam, my car isn't working and I don't even know where to go". "That's ok i can have prez come get the both of you" Sam says. "Sam prez shouldn't be taking me and Sara everywhere we have to go. I don't even know him". "But this could be the chance for you and Sara to get to know some people, put down some roots and relax a little bit" Sam says. "Sam, we can't put down all these roots not when he is still out there and can find Sara and i". "I will not let him hurt or find you and sara ok just have this weekend, this BBQ is for family and i see you as my daughter so you can Sara should come and enjoy it" sam says. "I will think about it okay"? "Okay" Sam says. "Come on Sara mommy has to go back out to the floor". "Mommy can i please stay back her with Mr. Sam, I'll be good and colorful, " Sara says and i look to sam. "Of course you can sweet pea" Sam says and I nod walking back out to the floor to start my shift. an hour into my shift prez walks into the shop. "Oh hey i thought you left"? "I did but I had to come back. Sara left her bag in my truck and I thought she would want her stuff, "Prez says. "Thank you, I didn't even notice". Prez smirks and looks at me. I blush a little and look away. "Umm so there's a BBQ tomorrow at the clubhouse and you and sara should come, y'all would be completely safe and i could come get the both of you" i sigh. "What is it with you and sam trying to get us to come to this BBQ"? "You're a hard working mom, Emily, you should be able to relax and have fun," prez says. "Did Sam say something to you about me"? "No, but I am good at reading people and I can tell you've been through hell, I just hate to see a happy little girl and a tired, worried and overworked mom behind her," Prez says. "Okay fine i guess we can come, what time should sara and i expect you"? "Somewhere around one" prez says. "Okay we will be ready". Prez hands me Sara's bag and I take it. Our hands touch just slightly and I pull back. "Thank you again for bringing Sara's bag". "Anytime, why don't I give you my number and when you get off I can give y'all a ride home" Prez asks? "You don't have to do that". "I know i don't have to but i want to help so heres my number and give me a text before you get off and i'll come get y'all" prez says writing down his number on a little note card and giving it to me.