Chapter 9

Emily's POV

I look at Chris like he has gone insane. "What"? "Look, I know you have no reason to trust me or to come with me, but I need to make sure you and Sara are safe and I can't do that if you and Sara are here" Chris says. "What do you mean keep us safe chris, what happened so bad that you think you need to protect me and my child"? "Look, I promise to tell you everything, just pack yours and Sara's things and come with me. I don't know how much time we have here" Chris says, stepping closer to me. "Chris you're not making sense why wouldn't me and Sara be safe here"? "Look for now all you need to know is that some things went bad after my fight and a threat was made on the club" Chris says. "And you think that these people would want to hurt Sara and I"? "I don't know but i'm not taking chances so go back some things for a week or two" Chris says. I stand there and look at him trying to wrap my head around what he just told me. Chris comes to me and pulls me to him. "Look I know that this is probably scary but I'm going to protect you both no matter what" Chris says. "But why we barely know each other"? "Because Emily I have found feelings for you and I know your feelings the same way. Because of that I won't let you or Sara get hurt ever" Chris says. "Okay i'll go pack a few things". "I'll wait in here for you ok" Chris says. I nod and Chris kisses my forehead before he steps back letting me go to my room to pack. I walk to my room and throw some of my things into a duffle bag along with my bathroom stuff. After I have packed my things I go to Sara's room. I go into Sara's room and quietly put her stuff into another buffle. After I'm done packing our stuff I go back out to Chris and sit the bags down. "Just let me get my shoes and can you get Sara's car seat out of my car"? "I already got the car seat into my car and i've got the bags, you just worry about Sara i'll do the rest"chris says and i nod. I go back down the hallway into Sara's room. I gently lift her sleeping body into my arms and carry her to my chest back out to where Chris is now standing by the door. Chris looks down at me holding Sara and the corner of his mouth pulls up. "You promise to tell me all of it, chris if you want this it has to be all of it not just part"? Chris looks at me as if he's trying to read me. "I'm all in babygirl you and Sara are mine now ok, you will never have to fear, I will always protect the both of you" Chris says putting his hand gently on Sara's hair. I look into his eyes "okay let's get out of here then". "Ok baby you and Sara walk behind me and I will walk in front to make sure everything is safe" Chris says. I nod and follow behind Chris as we walk out to his truck. Chris opens the passenger door and I clip Sara into her car seat before climbing in and sitting beside her carseat. Chris closes the door and walks to the drivers side getting in and closing the door behind him. "You ready to go sweetness" Chris asks? "Yeah, but where are we going"? Chris starts the truck and drives off. "We're going to a safe house where Sara, you, and I will be staying until the club has handled what's happened," Chris says. "What about my job, and how long i have to pay some bills and sara has school on monday"? "Look baby girl let me get us to the safe house and then we can call about everything ok, for now just sit back and relax" chris says. "Fine but you are going to answer all of my questions". "Yes sweetness you have my word" chris says and i sit back closing my eyes as i start to become very tired. I wake when I feel Chris's truck hit gravel. "Chris, where are we"? "We're at my safe house" Chris says as we pull up to a small house in the middle of nowhere. "Chris how far are we from town"? "We're about thirty minutes but no one knows where this road goes. Technically it's not marked at all, "Chris says. "What if there's an emergency"? "Then I will do what I have to do to take care of you and Sara," Chris says as he puts his truck in park. "Chris who's house is this"? "Technically it was my fathers but he left it to me so I use it as a safe house whenever the club is in danger and we have a lock down," Chris says. "How often does this happen"? "Not very often, but why don't we get the three of us inside and then we can talk about everything ok" Chris says. "Okay fine". "Okay you grab Sara and I will get the bags" chris says and i nod as i unbuckle Sara from her carseat and gently hold her to me as chris comes around to my door opening it. I smile at him and walk to the house. I wait for Chris as he grabs our bags and comes to us unlocking and opening the door. I walk inside holding Sara as Chris walks in behind us turning on the light. "You can put sara down whichever bedroom you'd like" chris says and i nod walking to the first bedroom i see and put sara down in the bed covering her up before i walk back out to chris. I walk to Chris who is standing in the kitchen fixing himself something to eat. "Okay you have some explaining to do Chris".