Breaking up for good

You and Mattheo are in one of those relationships where you break up and get back together all the time. Your best friend has had enough of it and peer pressures you into breaking up with him for good.

Word Count: 667

"Seriously Y/n, is he worth it anymore?", my friend Kaitlyn asks me as I lay in her bed weeping.

"Yes, no, I don't know", I sobbed.

"Well if he is making you feel like this I don't think it's worth it anymore. I mean this is the 3rd time you've broken up this month and you keep taking him back enough is enough." Kailyn said angrily.

"But-"

"No buts" she put her hand over my mouth. "You're moving on. He's not good for you anymore."

I don't reply and lay my head on her lap continuing to sob.

"If he tries to get back with you again, you're not going to buy into his BS okay?", Kaitlyn says sternly.

"Fine", I sniffle "this IS getting kind of annoying."

"Exactly", she says "now you're seeing the whole picture."

"Let's go to bed, I'm exhausted", I say the tears finally letting up.

*******The next morning*******

I wake up realizing I have to break up with Mattheo for real today.

You can't lie to yourself anymore Y/n he's not good for you.

My head and heart are saying different things and I don't know which to believe.

My heart is telling me that I love him and that he loves me he just has a weird way of showing it.

My head is telling me basically the opposite of that.

I lay in bed for a while procrastinating not wanting to get up.

When I finally force myself to get up, I put on my best idgaf about him outfit, take a deep breath and go down to the Slytherin common room.

I look around and see that Mattheo wasn't in the common and breathe a sigh of relief.

I go sit down next to Kaitlyn on one of the couches. She's talking to Pansy about schoolwork.

"Have you done it yet?", Kaitlyn whispers in my ear.

I shake my head biting my nails in anticipation. I turn my head and wince as I see Mattheo, Draco, Theo, and Enzo walk into the common room doors.

When Mattheo sees me he automatically starts walking over. His dark curls bouncing as he walks he makes eye contact with me and sits down.

"I'm sorry about last night baby I didn't mean anything I said" he says placing a kiss on my cheek.

It took all my power for me not to say "it's okay" and give him a kiss on his soft lips.

"Look Mattheo can we talk?", I say the butterflies turning in my stomach.

"Isn't that what we're doing?", he says laughing at his own joke.

"Privately?", I say motioning to an empty corner.

"Um sure", he says getting up and offering me his hand which I politely decline.

"Look Mattheo I don't think we should be seeing each other anymore"

"I apologized for what I said last night. What more do you want from me?", he says throwing his hands in the air.

"I just don't think it works anymore", I say the tears about to fall.

"I'll give you whatever you want, I'll do whatever you want me to do. Y/n I need you" he says his deep brown eyes looking into mine. He grabs my hand and it takes everything in me to pull away.

"No", I whimper and I retake my spot next to Kaitlyn and Pansy. I look back and Mattheo is still in the spot I left him looking shocked and sad.

Kaitlyn squeezes my hand and whispers in my ear that she's proud of me.

I can't be proud of myself. I already miss Mattheo and it's been about 2 minutes.

I can't take it anymore and run up to my dorm to let all the tears fall.