Before and after the party

Pansy forces you to go to a party on a Saturday night. Little did you know you'd have more fun than you thought.

Word Count: 1160

"Do I have to go" I groan as Pansy drags me through the dungeons.

"Yes" she says with a smirk.

When walk into the common room I immediately try to walk back out.

"You're gonna be fine" Pansy says grabbing my arm. I may be a Slytherin but sometimes I can be a bit of a wuss. Atleast that's what Pansy tells me.

"Y/N I'll be right back I see a few people I would like to talk to. Don't go far" Pansy says walking away from me.

"I won't" I say finding a chair and sitting down.

Before I know it it's been about 10 minutes and I can see Pansy on the dance floor dancing with a few of her other friends.

You know I could leave I think. But before I reach the exit I'm stopped by someone grabbing my wrist.

"Where do you think you're going L/N", I turn to see Mattheo Riddle smirking down at me.

"Um to the library", I ripped my wrist from his grasp.

"No you're not, come on", he said grabbing my wrist again and leading me over to the drink table. He grabs 2 red solo cups with what looked like punch in them. He gave one to me and he points over to Pansy "Pansy seems to be having fun"

I look over to the dance floor and see a drunk Pansy singing and dancing to the music.

I smile, but then realize I'll be the one having to make her a hangover breakfast tomorrow morning.

"Yeah and I'll be the one taking care of her tomorrow when she's hungover" I groan.

He laughs and says "Well it will be the same thing for me with Draco."

I look over to the dance floor again and see Draco alongside Pansy drunkenly singing and dancing to the music.

Soon my favorite song was playing and as I was humming along I look over to see Mattheo grinning down at me.

"What", I say looking back up at him.

"Nothing", he chuckles taking a swig from his drink.

I glare up at him and turn my attention back to the dance floor a smile pecking at my lips as Pansy turned to me and motioned me to come out there with her.

I set my drink down and leave Mattheo to dance with Pansy.

"He totally likes you"

"What?", I say swaying to the music.

"Mattheo" she says matter of factly "He was totally flirting with you over there"

"Pansy I think you've had too much to drink"

"And you were flirting back", she says stumbling backwards.

"Woah!" I say grabbing her arm and pulling her up. "I think it is time for bed"

"Bed?", Pansy whines "but we just got here."

"Come on" I say hoisting her up and helping her up to the dorms.

"Night" Mattheo says as he heads in the direction of a drunken Draco spread out on a couch singing along to the music.

After I finally get Pansy up the stairs and into bed she almost instantly falls asleep.

I sigh as I finally make it into my own bed. I decide to catch up on some reading.

**********

I wake up the next morning realizing I fell asleep reading. My book was beside me but in my slumber I must have accidentally shut it losing my spot. My bookmark is on the floor and Pansy is still asleep along with the rest of my roommates who were at the party last night too. They also probably had too much to drink.

I don't even change my clothes before I walk down to the common room. I'm wearing some old shorts and an oversized sweatshirt. Since it's a Sunday and we don't have classes the common room is empty except for the mess of the party left from last night. With one swish of my wand I clean it all up.

"You're up early" a voice from behind me says. I turn around to see Mattheo still in his pajamas leaning against the wall.

"As are you", I reply, looking down and internally cringing realizing my hair was a mess and I was still in my pajamas.

He smirks as my hand goes to my hair as to try and fix it a little bit and smooth it down.

"So, what are you doing today?", he asks me staring into my eyes intensely.

"Um I'll probably stop by the library, I'm almost finished with my book.", I reply breaking eye contact.

"Can I come?", he says looking into my eyes again.

"I mean sure", I say reluctantly "I need to get dressed first"

"Meet you in the common room in 10?", he says.

I nod my head a smile pecking at my lips.

I get back to my dorm and put on some jeans and a pink sweater. I put my hair up in a cute messy bun, slipped on my converse and made my way back down to the common room.

Mattheo was already waiting and had on regular clothes too.

As we made our way out of the common room it was still pretty early so the halls were empty except for a few students wandering the halls on an early Sunday morning.

We arrived in the library to see Madam Prince already sitting at her usual spot reading.

I give her a cheerful greeting because her and I have become friends as I spend countless hours in the library.

"Now", I say placing my hands on my hips. "Which one do I pick?"

Mattheo looks up and down the shelves and eventually picks out a book with an emerald green cover.

I look it over and say "it'll do"

"What do you mean it'll do?", he says teasingly.

"Well I've read it before so...", I say trying not to grin.

"Well what about this one?", he says pulling a random book with a red cover off the shelf.

"Read it", I say trying to hold in my laugh.

"This one?", he says taking another random book off the shelf, this time with a blue cover.

"Read it", I say again.

"Have you read every damn book in this library!?" Mattheo shouts.

"Shhh", Madam Prince says disapprovingly.

"We better go", I whisper motioning towards the door.

"But what about a book?", he whispers back.

"It's fine I can go another time"

As we leave the library I look up at Mattheo smiling.

"What?", he chuckles.

"You're a lot of fun Riddle", I say.

"You're not a lot of fun L/N", he says with a smirk.

I roll my eyes and break off in a sprint "Race you to the common room", I yell down the hallway.

"Hey you got a head start!", he yells back.