My Memories (Short Story)

My Memories - Kid vs Kat

Ship: No Ships

Topic: Angst

The Story:

Following Kat's erasure of Lorne, Harley, Millie, and Fiona's memories of him being an evil alien, Cooper Davies Burtonburger and Dennis Lawrence Chan were making their way back home. The two were visibly distraught and desolate, with their heads bowed in sorrow. As they journeyed homeward, Kat appeared behind them, wielding the same laser that had wiped the memories of their friends.

"Kat?" Coop inquired, "You must refrain from engaging in any foolish behavior towards us." Despite Coop's warning, Kat remained indifferent and aimed the laser at Dennis. "Meow Meow!" Kat exclaimed as he fired the laser at Dennis, causing him to fall to the ground. "Dennis-" Coop began to say, but was interrupted when Kat aimed the laser at him, causing Coop to collapse as well. Kat fled the scene, leaving the two 11-year-old boys alone. Kat was always victorious and never lost.

Coop and Dennis awoke to find themselves in Millie Burtonburger's bedroom, where they had apparently been discovered unconscious on the sidewalk by Millie and her father. "Where are we?" Coop inquired of his younger sister. "You're in my room," Millie replied. Dennis rose to his feet and surveyed their surroundings. "This seems suspicious," he remarked. "I can't recall anything except for Mr. Kat," Coop added.

Millie asked Dennis, "Where is Mr. Kat? I have no recollection of him at all." Dennis began to become increasingly suspicious that he had no recollection of Mr. Kat at all. At that moment, Dennis and Coop both saw Mr. Kat approach Millie's room. Coop said, "Kat?" and the two boys approached Kat and embraced him. Kat was aware that his plan had been successful.

Millie asked her brother Coop Burtonburger and his best friend, Dennis Chan, what was going on. Dennis Chan assured Millie that Mr. Kat was fine. Millie was beginning to become suspicious, but she accepted and embraced her brother and Dennis Chan. Mr. Kat was now fully prepared for action, and he smiled maliciously.