How To Save A Life

How To Save A Life - Kid vs Kat

Ship: Platonic Coop x Fiona

AU: Dead Dennis Chan

Topic: Angst + Comfort

📰 THE STORY 📰:

Cooper Davies Burtonburger, a man of great stature and wealth, was unceremoniously discharged from the hospital following a harrowing plane accident that nearly claimed his very existence. Accompanied by his esteemed companions, Millie and Burt Burtonburger, the trio found themselves at the mercy of a pilot who appeared to have lost control of the aircraft, resulting in a catastrophic crash. Though the trio emerged as the sole survivors of the tragedy, the loss of their dear friend, Mr. Kat, cast a somber pall over their spirits. For Millie Burtonburger, the impact of the accident was so profound that she was forever changed, her once-vibrant persona now forever altered.

Coop Burtonburger awoke to the sight of his best friend's parents, Henry and Mayumi Chan. The Chan's, who were known for their impeccable taste and refinement, had a somber air about them that was impossible to ignore. Coop, who had been friends with their only child, Dennis Lawrence Chan, since their preschool days, immediately noticed that something was amiss. Dennis, who was known for his resilience and fortitude, was nowhere to be seen.

As Coop waited with bated breath, Henry began to speak. "Coop," he said, his voice tinged with sadness, "about Dennis, our son..." Coop's heart sank as he listened intently to what Henry had to say. What he heard was nothing short of shocking, a revelation that he never could have anticipated.

...

A Few Days Later

...

Coop Burtonburger, adorned in his finest attire, made his way to the final resting place of his dearest friend. As he stood before the solemn grave, memories of their cherished moments together flooded his mind.

During his recent hospital stay, Coop received the devastating news from his dear friend Henry that the police had discovered the lifeless body of Dennis. The tragic discovery was made within the confines of a den, where Dennis had taken his last breath. Despite the valiant efforts of medical professionals, Dennis had succumbed to his injuries, having lost an insurmountable amount of blood.

It was later revealed that Dennis had taken his own life, driven to such a desperate act by the false belief that Coop had perished in a plane accident. The news had shattered Dennis' spirit, leading him to take his own life. However, fate had other plans, and Coop had survived the ordeal. As he stood before the grave of his beloved friend, Coop was filled with a sense of profound loss and regret, wishing that he could have been there to save his friend from the depths of despair.

As Coop gazed upon the final resting place of his dear friend Dennis, a wave of sorrow and loss washed over him, causing tears to cascade down his cheeks. The notion that Dennis had taken his own life, believing Coop to have perished in the tragic plane crash, was simply unfathomable. For Coop had indeed survived, along with his beloved sister Millie Burtonburger and their father Burt Burtonburger.

Yet, in the realm of the divine, Dennis has come to realize the grave error of his ways. He now understands that he should have waited for updates or listened more closely to the counsel of others, rather than taking such drastic measures. The weight of his actions now bears down upon him, as he deeply regrets the decision to end his own life. His parents, left childless by his untimely passing, are now forced to grapple with the harsh reality that suicide is indeed the final act one can take.

Coop: 🎶 Step one, you say we need to talk

He walks, you say sit down, it's just a talk

He smiles politely back at you

You stare politely right on through

Some sort of window to your right

As he goes left, and you stay right

Between the lines of fear and blame

You begin to wonder why you came 🎶

Coop elegantly lowered himself onto the ground, positioning himself before the sacred resting place of his dear friend. His mind was awash with a flood of wistful recollections, each one a precious gem of remembrance from the time he spent with Dennis before his untimely passing.

Coop: 🎶 Where did I go wrong?

I lost a friend

Somewhere along in the bitterness

And I would have stayed up with you all night

Had I known how to save a life 🎶

As Coop traversed the path, he sensed the ethereal aura of his departed confidant, the illustrious Dennis Lawrence Chan, enveloping him. In his mind's eye, Coop envisioned a reality where Dennis had not succumbed to the tragic fate of self-destruction, but rather, greeted him with open arms upon his release from the confines of Bootsville Hospital.

Coop: 🎶 Let him know that you know best

'Cause after all, you do know best

Try to slip past his defense

Without granting innocence

Lay down a list of what is wrong

The things you've told him all along

And pray to God he hears you

And I pray to God he hears you 🎶

Coop proceeded with his oration whilst gazing upon the sepulchral monument of the illustrious Dennis Lawrence Chan. His eyes fixated upon the gravestone, beholding its opulent textures.

Coop: 🎶 And where did I go wrong?

I lost a friend

Somewhere along in the bitterness

And I would have stayed up with you all night

Had I known how to save a life

As he begins to raise his voice

You lower yours and grant him one last choice

Drive until you lose the road

Or break with the ones you've followed

He will do one of two things

He will admit to everything

Or he'll say he's just not the same

And you'll begin to wonder why you came

Where did I go wrong?

I lost a friend

Somewhere along in the bitterness

And I would have stayed up with you all night

Had I known how to save a life

Where did I go wrong?

I lost a friend

Somewhere along in the bitterness

And I would have stayed up with you all night

Had I known how to save a life

How to save a life

How to save a life

Where did I go wrong?

I lost a friend

Somewhere along in the bitterness

And I would have stayed up with you all night

Had I known how to save a life

Where did I go wrong?

I lost a friend

Somewhere along in the bitterness

And I would have stayed up with you all night

Had I known how to save a life

How to save a life

How to save a life 🎶