The Aftermath

The squeaking noise of rapid movements resounded in the wide court, along with the frequent dribbles of the basketball. It was the normal after school activities for Yosen High School for the basketball club. Except for the new addition into the team: the team manager.

"If I hadn't known better," Yayoi started as she watched her purple giant stride to score a dunk in the enemy team's hoop, "I would have thought that you were the coach."

Besides her was Arisa, holding a clipboard full of data that was passed onto her from Yosen's basketball coach, Coach Araki, who was away for personal reasons. But she didn't go on leave before giving Murasakibara an earful on skipping out of quite a few practices. Arisa was wearing her usual uniform with new ad-ons: A whistle and the Yosen team's jacket.

Arisa did not make any sound or give much reply, as she was fully focused on her clipboard and the practice match. She only briefly glanced at Yayoi, before nodding at her to change the scores on the score board.

"Since when were you and Himuro together?"

"Just yesterday."

Comically gasping, Yayoi made her way to Arisa who the proceeded to blow on her whistle to signal the end of the game.

"WHAT ?!"

Everyone turned their heads at the two.

"Aren't you happy?" Arisa sarcastically commented, "We have the same anniversary date."

Yayoi grabbed Arisa by her shoulders shaking her because she couldn't use words to explain what she was feeling. She was left in the dark with her best friend's love story. But still she should be happy that they have the same anniversary day so they can celebrate together if needed. Yayoi pulled Arisa to her face before whispering, "I'm so close to strangling you, you know that?"

"You're very much welcomed to-- Actually please do," Arisa sighed, "I need you to wake me up form this nightmare."

Yayoi narrowed her eyes, "What nightmare?"

"Get me out of this manager position please, I'm already dead tired." Arisa leaned her whole bodice towards Yayoi, who caught her by the waist. "And no, we're not a thing. I'm being blackmailed."

"Oh, its the other way around. Okay." Yayoi blinked and nodded in understanding, "I told you, you two have the same type of personality... Though he might be more cunning than I thought he was."

Arisa sniffled, hugging Yayoi tighter while hiding her face from her. Arisa then caught the eyes of a certain purple giant, who was watching them closely before pulling up a middle finger behind her clipboard.

"OI!"

Himuro placed a hand on Murasakibara's shoulder to stop him from storming up to them, "Maa, maa. How was it, Trial Manager?" He called out to Arisa who just sighed before pulling up the clipboard.

"Well, firstly. Someone's been slacking from their individual training plan..." Arisa stared at Murasakibara as she drawled out her sentence. While Murasakibara glared back at her, before gathering in front of her and Yayoi along with the rest of the team.

"It's Murasakibara-kun, right?" Yayoi innocently completed her sentence while looking into the clip board. She was unaware of him already being right next to her. "His movements are slower than a few months ago... guess the lack of sugar is kicking in..?" Arisa just blinked at her best friend's honesty and stupidity.

Yayoi then felt eyes on her, especially form above her. Murasakibara was right behind her, looking down at her figure. She looked up at him, "...Oops?"

Murasakibara took the opportunity to dive down for a brief kiss on the lips before taking a seat on the bench behind them to grab a drink. He left a frozen Yayoi who took a while to process what happened as her face blew up. Everyone else too was frozen.

Bewildered, everyone looked between the frozen and red Yayoi and the nonchalant Murasakibara before screaming in madness. Himuro watched in amusement and admiration at Murasakibara's public display of affections. He already knew how much of an honest person Murasakibara is. If he hates or loves someone, it will show in his face since he wears his heart in sleeve quite to a fault, he may describe. So Himuro wasn't as surprised as the others that he would be this open and showy with his own adoration of his significant other.

"NANI ?!"

"How could this be! Even THAT Murasakibara got a girl before me!"

"Murasakibara got game! WHAT."

"HA HA HA HA, SOMEONE TELL ME THIS IS A DREAM"

"ANYWAYS--" Arisa cut them off, "Araki-san told me to make sure you do your individual training plans so I will be on the look out for the cutters. And you, Yayoi will be helping out with the club too." Yayoi pointed at herself, mouthing her question.

"You're the bait for that giant." Arisa stated with a tone that leaves no objections, "Any problems?"

Yayoi wanted to retaliate against Arisa but couldn't find the right words so she gave up and while everyone sweat-dropped at Arisa's bossy attitude, they all thought the same as Arisa: Naruse, Yayoi: Bait for Murasakibara.