Avoidance and Answers

"Ughhh..." Murasakibara slumped in the bench, head down covered with a face towel. His condition was worse than a few weeks ago and their coach, Araki Coach was not having it. She slammed the edge of her wooden sword on the floor in front of Murasakibara who could not be bothered to flinch.

"What's wrong Murasakibara?" She inquired, controlling her anger. "You're playing worse than when you had that tooth-ache, I thought it's all healed?"

Arisa listened to their conversation without looking, she already knew the reason to Murasakibara's condition.

He was having withdrawals.

Withdrawals from Yayoi.

The said person, Naruse Yayoi, sneezed to herself as she neared her home. She was just a few steps away from the entrance of her family bakery where her mother was holding a free taste tray of fruit tarts. Her mother raised a brow at her daughter before turning and moving away the tray as if her daughter had some disease.

"Oi!" Yayoi scolded with an angry smile, which was softened from her mother popping a tart on her mouth. She melted at the sour taste of the lemon before her face scrunched up at the sweetness. The sweetness reminded her of a certain purple haired giant. Someone who she started avoiding ever since that open public display of affection he showed.

She sighed before walking past her mother, but not after offering her a hug that was declined because she sneezed. She dragged her feet upstairs to her room before washing up for bed.

Her mother worried, texted Arisa. The only person who knows what her daughter may be up to.

-Text-

-Ma: Something happened with Yayoi?-

-Ari: Hello to you to Ma 😒-
-Ari: Nothing much, just the boy she likes did some pda and she's confused-

-Ma: ....-
-Incoming call from Ma-

~Call~

"Yes Mother?" Arisa asked, propping a hand on her waist.

"Who's this boy who made my tall daughter into boys?" Yayoi's Mom inquired with curiosity and excitement.

"... Pfft!"
"Mother. Are you implying that I'm the short daughter? And she's only been interested with the opposite sex since birth."

"I don't remember raising a short child! And I know my daughter well, she's into both girls AND boys. Heck, she'll get with you if she wants to but she doesn't."

"Don't bring that up, that was years ago. We're past that stage and have come to our differences Mother."

"Still will welcome you in my family as my daughter-in-law though."

"I thought I was your other daughter already I'm offended."

"I don't have a daughter who won't tell me her other sister's new boy toy."

"That wording is gravely misleading, please don't use it anymore—"

"They're not a couple yet?"

"... Hold on a second."

Arisa pulled the phone away from her left ear and turned to face the purple titan who is zoning out from reality. "Hey, are you officially going out with Yayoi?"

Murasakibara didn't budge until he heard Yayoi's name, "Huh? What?" He was prickly when answering, being out of sorts from not having seen, heard or touch Yayoi for just one day has made him more useless than what Arisa has initially thought.