02

River Sandonez
August 8th, Thursday
PlayTime Magazine
8:20 AM

I watch the time tick on my wrist watch as I swerve through New York traffic, hoping I could just stop the time. I hadn't been late to work not one single day in the 3 years of me working at the magazine. And because I have this reputation I can't fuck it up.

My black Maybach Exelero swerved through the lane, cutting off a familiar blue challenger and speeding into valet parking. I grab my work bag that contains my computer and walk through the entrance doors that lead to level B. As I look at my reflection in the elevator door I fix my tie so it's straight. I take the elevator to level C and check emails until I reach my destination.

Schedule for Aug. 8th, 2023
6:15 AM-7:30|Oversee accountants for PT Magazine
8:25AM -8:45|Get layout from Grady before we send it to Mr. Grayson and Mr. Rhett
9:00AM-9:45| Interview applicants(fashion designer and potential writer wants a segment)
10:00| Take a fucking break

I obviously wrote this, half asleep round 4 AM because without an assistant my job is solely up to me.

"Nigga you can't see me on my worst day, fuck you talm' bout?" I heard the childish back and forth between my playboy, bosses as soon as I stepped off the elevator.

"Boy your lips just as crusty as the Krusty Krab and you think you got some nerve to speak on me? Boy ya betta ask ya momma bout me." Arlo popped his collar in response to Zealand. "You know you dead ass my son. You better fix that damn collar boy." The niggas geeked back and forth, happy to go on talking shit to each other the whole day like always.

"You ain't my damn daddy nigga

"You ain't my damn daddy nigga." I could hear Arlo reply as they both turned to me.

" Oh damn is that River Sandonez? Mr. I'm never gonna be late head ass, how that shit feel to be brought down back to earth with the rest of us," Zealand ass wanna be a comedian so bad. "Where we don't give a fuck if we late." He threw his hands up, shrugging his shoulders.