11

Emersyn Jackson
Club Safari
Same Night 2 AM

My sister and Zion take down another shot. I roll my eyes shaking my head at their excessive drinking. My sister tends to get this way when she gets angry, you know binge drinking. I totally support not letting one thing stop your shine but Evalar Jackson is the total opposite of that right now. It makes no sense considering she's normally the carefree twin.

"You should have seen his stupid, smug face t-telling me how I'm sooo good at my job." She drunkenly, hiccups using air quotes. "When really he just thinks I'm some run girl, like that's all I'm good at."She continues her rant.

"Babe don't let River get under your skin its his greatest pleasure to see you bothered." Zion could hold his liquor ten times better than us. "When you see a flashy man like that, his ego is way bigger than the numbers in his bank account, okay baby bird? Don't let this lad take away what you already know!"

"You're a phenomenal writer and whether he wants to acknowledge it right now doesn't matter. What mattersss is you know how amazing youu are." I tap my finger on her chest.

"Yes don't let that dick bring you down." Evalar rolls her eyes a smile cracking through her facade.

"OKAYYY. You guys are right, I really love y'all. Don't stop being there for me." she chuckled and slid us another shot---number 8, I think... At this point I really don't know.

I stare at the last shot with my eyebrows furrowed. I can already image that shot coming right back up. "I think I'm just going to sit this last one out." I'm already hot all over and I know once I stand my legs will shake like jello.

"Stop being a lil bitch Emersyn and takeee the shottt!"

"Evalar I'm going to gag and vomit all over this floor."

"Uhh not this way, you nasty." Evalar and I laughed at Zi's impersonation of Raven Baxter. They had talked all this week about Raven's Home tv show that just doesn't compare to the OG banger.

"Now this is either the hottest club in the NYC right now or that nigga is a stalker!" Evalar points behind me and Zion.

"This is the best club in Manhattan," Of course Zi would bring us to the place everybody and they mamas go to. I turn to see who the hell she's talking about assuming it's none other than my sister's arch nemesis, our boss: River Sandonez.

Instead I was fully surprised to see a light brite covered in familiar tattoos with his hair pushed back, tucked under his hat.

"Ohmyfuckinggosh!" I hit Zion's hand, "what is he doing here?" I whisper scared Nash might hear me.

"Oi! That hurts you slag, Evalar please help."Zi holds his arm in defense of my slaps.

"Oh noooooo," she drags it out. " She's your favorite twin, remember?"

My eyes drifted behind me, he walks through the club gripping a bottle of my favorite belaire champagne, Luxe Rose. Four chains dress his neck making me shift in my seat.

Goddamn, I can't get enough of his dreads.

"Damn babe take a picture, lasts longer innit?" Zion eyes me, I have to peal my eyes away so he doesn't catch me like Zi did. I glance back into Zi's glossy eyes. "What's on between you two? You two doing bits, huh?" his cheshire grin spreads.

I grab the shot and throw it back.

"She wishes they were doing bits." I bet Evalar wishes she could do bits with Mr. Sandonez. As angry as he makes her I'm convinced it's all a front.