Sixteen

Mammon anxiously paces in front of Jonah's apartment. It's taking all of his strength to not run away from this situation. What was he going to say? What was he going to do? What do you even say to a guy who suddenly learned his sister is dying?

Sorry sounds too shallow. He didn't want to input advice where it wasn't needed. And he definitely did not want to insult him at all... and that was difficult since Jonah was nothing but an asshole to him.

How do you comfort someone sad? Especially a stuck-up prick like Jonah?

His phone buzzes taking him out of his trance.

Dork: MILO SENT ME A COPY OF THE CCTV FOOTAGE!!!!

Dork: HAHHAHAAHHA

Dork: I'm planning on printing images of Steph's cosplay and putting it all over the hospital

Dork: Is that too far?

Dork: Nah it's fine

Dork: If he gets mad I'll pull the terminally ill and soon-to-die card

Dork: Hehe

(Image above is the photo she sent)

Her timing was immaculate. Seeing her stupid joy over something so simple reminded him of why he was here... for her.

Puffing his chest out, for a façade of confidence, he knocks on the door and rings the doorbell... with no response. Was he even home? Did Stephen even give him the right address? Scepticism filled his mind but he heard a loud thud. Pushing down the doorhandle it did open. He was just hoping Jonah wouldn't arrest him for trespassing or something out of spite.

Opening the door he was taken aback. It was... a mess. Like a genuine mess. Rubbish and dirty clothes covered the ground. And there were an uncountable number of empty bottles that covered the ground.

Vodka. Beer. Soju. You name it, he had it.

In all honesty, it wasn't even very clear. There was a strange fog and with the stench, he was confident it was from weed.

This was surprising, even more as it was Jonah. He was a disciplined guy. An asshole, but a disciplined one. Even though he heard most of it from the most unreliable human he knew, just from meeting Jonah once he knew this was out of character.

A figure, with messy hair, leaned against the counter with a bottle of what looked to be vodka in his hand, "You... actually fucking came?"

"Jonah--"

"You know when I first heard Stephen was sending you I thought it was a joke... surely you wouldn't have the FUCKING audacity—but look! You're standing right here!"

Mammon... was confused. He knew Jonah disliked him. A lot. But this was beyond bitter feelings it sounded like he despised Mammon.

Was this a bad dream? This seemed like an alternative reality in which Jonah made every wrong decision and became a depressed alcoholic. Jonah stumbled in his direction, an occasional drop of alcohol spilling onto the ground.

"Sit down there"

"Jo--"

"I SAID SIT THE FUCK DOWN!" He was clearly unstable and not in the right state of mind. So Mammon decided to not be an asshole and just oblige. Even though he had an urge to humble the kid.

"Do you know Kyle's aunt Helen?" His slurring words were slightly difficult to understand but Mammon put 110% to understand the guy. "...not really, but I've heard of her"

He wasn't entirely lying. He briefly met the woman as she was able to see him in his devil form, but he had no idea of her relation to Kyle.

"Well the woman is seen as crazy, she's an old hag who believes in demons and angels and spirits-- I mean, can you believe that?" Mammon just stayed silent, he was clearly trying to say something and Mammon didn't want to unveil his identity.