The Return of Avril Saffron

Disclaimer:

I do not take ownership of the Skulduggery Pleasant series, as I am not the Golden God Derek Landy. All the characters (except for a few) belong to Derek Landy. However, the plot is mine, and if anybody copies my plot, I shall demand that it be removed immediately. Inspiration is one thing, copying is another.

Hey guys! This fanfic is being written by myself and Valkyrie_Cain22 (Karma Snow) Enjoy!!

Chapter One: The Return of Avril Saffron

Valkyrie followed Skulduggery quietly out of the Bentley and skipped up the steps. She had decided to come back to his house for the afternoon, as she wanted to spend some quality leisure time with her partner. They had been working on a case that involved zombies and disgusting warlocks, and all Valkyrie wanted was to sit down and relax for a couple of hours. Skulduggery led the way in, and Valkyrie started down the hallway, when she suddenly stopped. An outline of a toned, slim figure was standing in the doorway. Valkyrie's eyes widened. Intruder? Skulduggery flicked on the lights to reveal a gorgeous blonde, with muscular arms and the most brilliant blue eyes that Valkyrie had ever seen. They would've been brighter than China's. Her blonde hair fell in waves over her shoulders, and her pale skin gave off a sort of glow in the light. Her clothes were the darkest shade of blue, any darker and they would've been black. She smiled, and her eyes darted behind Valkyrie, towards Skulduggery.
"Avril?" She heard him say. "Avril Saffron?"
"You got it in one Skul," the girl smiled, walking towards him. Skulduggery strode past Valkyrie, and embraced the girl whom he called Avril in a hug. Valkyrie was envious, she hardly got any hugs from Skulduggery. Then she pulled away.
"How long has it been?" Avril asked.
"400 years," Skulduggery answered.
"The last time I saw you you were going off to find Serpine," Avril smiled. Skulduggery sighed.
"As you can probably tell, it didn't work out well for me."
"Yeah I can tell. It's a good look though."
"Where have you been all these years?"
Avril smirked.
"Let me guess, you're not going to tell me."
"You know me too well."
Valkyrie frowned. You know me too well? What the hell?! Valkyrie had never seen this girl in her life, and Skulduggery had never mentioned an Avril in all the years she had known him.
"I see you've got yourself a new partner Skul," Avril smiled, turning to Valkyrie. Skulduggery turned with her.
"Yes. Avril, this is Valkyrie Cain. Valkyrie, this is Avril Saffron," Skulduggery introduced them. Valkyrie smiled uneasily. Avril hardly even looked at her.
"So, who are you exactly?" Valkyrie asked. Avril still didn't look at her.
"I was Skulduggery's partner." Avril explained. Valkyrie's heart sank. She tried hard not to cry as Avril hugged Skulduggery again.
"I've missed you so much Skul! And the others. I haven't seen the Dead Men for yonks!"
Skulduggery laughed. "What about I call Ghastly? Get him to bring the others. Sort of like a reunion."
"Yes that sounds great!" Avril grinned, and her gaze drifted to Valkyrie. Avril's look turned serious as she glanced at Valkyrie.
"But first," Avril said. "I want to show you something." Skulduggery nodded and Valkyrie followed him and Avril out the front door. Avril led them to a fancy car parked on the side of the road. Skulduggery wolf whistled.
"She's a beauty," he commented.
"What type of car is it?" Valkyrie asked, then wished she could take it back, because now she had given Avril the satisfaction of her awe.
"It's a 2013 Porsche V-12, six cylinder, 3 litre engine, navigation, satellite imaging, blue-tooth, radio, and is also tapped into the cop radio, and a bunch of other sick stuff, including cruise control." Avril said proudly.
"I would've been happy with, it's a Porsche," Valkyrie grumbled.
"It's a lovely car," Skulduggery said, admiring the newly painted frame.
"It's sexy I know, I always need to keep up with the classy style," Avril grinned. Valkyrie rolled her eyes.
"How did you manage to pay for this?" Valkyrie grumbled again. She didn't get an answer, Avril just smiled. Valkyrie sighed. She hadn't known this girl for ten minutes, and she already hated Avril Saffron. Mainly because of her attitude towards Skulduggery, and the fact that she had been his original partner, it was heart wrenching. Avril shouldn't be allowed to just waltz in here after 400 years and expect Skulduggery to take her back. Valkyrie was his partner now.
"So, are you gonna call Ghastly? Ask him to bring the boys over?" Avril asked sweetly. Valkyrie glared at her.
"Of course," Skulduggery answered, pulling out his phone.

Avril was lounged on a sofa in Skulduggery's living room. Valkyrie sat at the dining room table, jealousy overcoming her. She sighed in annoyance as Skulduggery opened the door when someone knocked. She heard Ghastly and Anton's voices, and smiled. She got up from the chair and went to hug them, when Avril beat her to it.
"Avril Saffron?"
"That's me, the one and only," Avril smiled. Valkyrie tried her best not to groan.
"I can't believe you're back after all these years!" Ghastly exclaimed.
"Well you know I thought it was a good time to catch up with some of my old friends. Mainly Skulduggery though. No offence," Avril said.
"None taken, I'm just glad to see you."
"I'm glad to see you to Ghastly. You too Anton, long time no see."
"I can say the same to you Avril," Anton said, a smile forming on his lips.
"Dexter, Saracen and Erskine will be here shortly," he said.
"Yay!" Avril exclaimed, bouncing back onto the couch. Skulduggery looked at Avril, then to Valkyrie, who wasn't looking too happy at all. How dare this Avril just waltz in and expect to resume her life with Skulduggery the same as it was 400 years ago? Valkyrie was pissed off, and Skulduggery knew it by the look on her face. Although he was happy to see Avril again after so many years, he couldn't help feeling guilty about having his old partner back in his house, when his gorgeous combat accessory was sitting on his couch.