The Truth Comes Out

"Jess? You did this?" Valkyrie asked, completely shocked. Jessica smiled an evil smile and approached Valkyrie, who backed away from the bone breaker. She wasn't stupid, and she wasn't letting Jess within bone-breaking range.
"Maybe," she smirked. Avril walked forwards and stood beside Valkyrie. Tanith stood on the other side of Val, and they faced Jess together.
"Why?" Valkyrie asked.
"Because I'm a jealous little bitch," she smiled.
"That's exactly what you are," a velvet voice from behind them said. Valkyrie didn't turn as Skulduggery walked up behind them. Jess smiled. "Hello old partner, you're joining us?"
"I'm joining them," Skulduggery said. "Not you."
Jess glowered.
"Why did you do all that stuff to me?" Valkyrie asked.
"Because you were in the way."
"Of what?"
"Of my plan. You were blocking my chances of getting back to being Skulduggery's partner. As soon as you were out of the way, I would've done the same thing to Avril."
Avril narrowed her eyes at Jess and turned to Valkyrie. "Those things I said to you Valkyrie, I never meant them. I know what Jess is capable of and I was trying to drive you away before you got hurt." The blonde girl said.
Jess snorted. Valkyrie narrowed her eyes at the brown haired girl. "You are a conniving little bitch," Valkyrie said.
Jess shrugged and took a step forwards. They all took a step back. Jessica laughed.
"You guys are afraid! Jesus."
"You don't seem to be," Skulduggery said.
"Why should I be? I have the power to shatter your bones with one touch. Why should I be afraid?"
"Well, maybe because we are Elementals, and can do this." Skulduggery waved his hand and Jess went flying back and smacked into Avril's Porsche. To everyone's amazement, she got straight back up, a scowl stretched across her face.
"You shouldn't have done that Skulduggery," she growled.
"What shouldn't he have done?" Valkyrie asked innocently. "This?" She waved her hand like Skulduggery had and Jess went flying again.
"Oops," Valkyrie said sweetly.
Jessica got to her feet and scowled. "You'll pay for this!" She screeched.
"Sorry," Avril said, but I haven't been paid today."
Jess narrowed her eyes.
"It's not looking good for you," Tanith said. "Four against one."
"Four against one? Naw that doesn't seem fair at all!" Jess replied, clicking her fingers and pulling out a globe from her jacket. She opened the lid and black swirling mist floated out. Tanith collapsed and Valkyrie and Avril put their sleeves in front of their mouths and noses so they didn't breathe it in.
"Jess, stop," Skulduggery said. Jess laughed.
"So you haven't forgotten my Death Mist then Skulduggery?"
Valkyrie's eyes widened. Death mist? Tanith!

Valkyrie couldn't take it anymore. If she held her breath any longer she was going to pass out. Avril took her hand away and sucked in oxygen, Valkyrie doing the same.
"Valkyrie! Avril! No!" Skulduggery cried as the two girls fell to the ground. Skulduggery looked up towards Jess as she smirked.
"Why did you do this?" He asked.
"I'm coming back to work with you again."
"No Jess, you're not."
Jessica narrowed her eyes and shifted her weight.
"I didn't want to hurt you Skulduggery, but now I think I have no choice."
Jess ran towards him before Skulduggery could even think to push at the air and rammed into him.