Snogging Avril

Tanith woke up before Valkyrie in the morning. She looked over at the sleeping girl next to her and sighed. Poor Valkyrie. She was going to help her little sister get through this.

Tanith climbed out of bed as quietly as she could, not wanting to wake Valkyrie. She tip toed out of the room and made her way down the stairs towards the kitchen. She put the kettle on and started making tea for Valkyrie and herself. A few minutes later Tanith heard the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs. She turned to see Valkyrie trudging down, looking sad.

"Val what's wrong?" She asked, leaving the tea and embracing the dark haired girl. She heard Valkyrie sob.
"Shhh, it's okay."
"No it's not," Valkyrie sniffled.
"Is this about Skulduggery?"
"Yes."
"Valkyrie he loves you."
"If that's the case then explain to me why he was snogging Avril last night."
Tanith's eyes widened.
"What?!"
"I snuck out last night and went back to his house. I saw him and Avril..." She trailed off and started crying into Tanith's jacket. Tanith fumed.
"It'll be alright Val."
"No it won't!"
"I'm going to talk to Skulduggery."
"No! Please don't!"
Tanith looked down and Valkyrie looked up at her.
"Ok," was all Tanith said. Valkyrie nodded. Of course, that was a lie, Tanith thought. Skulduggery had hurt her little sister, and now, he was going to pay. Big time. When Tanith was finished with him, Skulduggery was going to be even more dead than what he already was...

When Valkyrie had calmed down, they both sat down at the table, and Tanith watched as Valkyrie's eyes flickered back and forth, like she was thinking about something. Tanith put her cup down gently.
"What are you thinking about?" She asked.
"Saracen told me that Avril is a hitwoman," Valkyrie answered, keeping her head down. Tanith bolted up, knocking the table and spilling tea everywhere. Valkyrie looked shocked.
"She's a what?!" Tanith screeched.
"Tan! Shush!"
"How... What? Skulduggery was snogging a freaking hitwoman!"
Valkyrie felt tears welling up in her eyes again.
"She wouldn't tell him where she'd been all these years, or where she'd gotten the Porsche from."
"That conniving little beast!" Tanith exclaimed. Valkyrie stared. "Skulduggery should have known better! I'm going to chop up Avril's babies, shove them in a blender and make her drink them!"
Valkyrie cringed. "Yuk."
"Val chill it'll taste like chicken."
"Tanith!"
"What?"
"Can you please be serious?"
"Sorry."
"Please don't do anything rash. Please?"
Tanith sighed. "Fine," she lied.

When Valkyrie had left to go back to her own house, Tanith's rage was almost at boiling point. She shrugged on her leather jacket and grabbed the keys for her motorbike. She ran out the door and jumped onto the bike, starting up the engine before revving it and taking off fast, away from her house. Towards Cemetery Road.

She parked her bike and stormed up the steps. Tanith didn't bother with knocking, she was in no mood to be polite to Skulduggery at the moment. She barged through the door to find Avril sprawled out on the couch, staring at her with wide eyes. The blonde girl tried to hide her surprise, but Tanith had already seen it.
"Skulduggery!" Avril called, her blue eyes never leaving Tanith. "The sword-lady is here."
Tanith glared. She saw Jess come out from the kitchen and her expression lifted.
"Oh, hi Tanith," Jess greeted, a smile on her face.
"Hey Jess."
"Isn't Valkyrie with you?"
"No she's gone home."
"Oh.."
"Why did you want her?"
"No I was just wondering. She seemed cool yesterday so.."
"She is very cool."
"Yeah... She's pretty too."
"Yes she is."
"Skulduggery!" Avril screeched. "Hurry up!"
Tanith rolled her eyes and scowled as Skulduggery came out of the kitchen.
"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked. Tanith narrowed her eyes.
"You are a dead skeleton!" She squealed, ignoring the terrible pun and pouncing on him. Avril jumped up from the couch in shock and her jaw dropped. Jess just stared with wide eyes as Tanith tackled him to the floor. Skulduggery rolled her over so he was on top.
"What the hell Tanith!" He yelled. "Why did you do that?"
"Why were you snogging that bitch last night?!" Tanith screamed in his face and his grip loosened. Avril froze. Jess clamped a hand over her mouth in shock.
"What?" Avril asked innocently.
"Don't play with me!" Tanith screamed at her. "Valkyrie told me! She saw you two last night! How could you?" Tanith whispered the last bit. Skulduggery let her stand up. Tanith scrambled to her feet and glared at him, then at Avril.
"Why is Valkyrie lying to you? Does she always lie?" Avril asked sweetly.
"Valkyrie would never lie about something like this!" Tanith yelled at her. Avril didn't even flinch. Skulduggery spun around and walked back into the kitchen.
"That's it?!" Tanith screeched. "You're just going to walk away?!"
Skulduggery didn't look back. Tanith could see Jess standing in the corner of the room with her lips clamped shut. Avril looked shocked but Tanith knew it was just an act. A stupid, pathetic act, that was coming to an end very soon...

Valkyrie_Cain22 see what I did with the babies? Haha!