Escape

Another massive thank you to my amazing partner in story writing, Valkyrie_Cain22 for her incredible help in writing this story. I love you so much Bae!!!!!

Valkyrie pulled away from Saracen, breathing hard.
"Um..." He started, but Valkyrie interrupted.
"I have to go. Tanith's here," she said, hearing the sound of a motorcycle pulling up outside. Saracen reluctantly let go of her and stood up a little straighter, running his fingers through his hair to fix it. Valkyrie felt her heart break as she walked out of the room and back down the stairs. She was about to walk through the living room when she stopped. She stared, and gasped.

"Good isn't it?" Avril smirked.
Valkyrie couldn't disagree, "Skul you look great!"
Skulduggery nodded but didn't say anything else. He had chocolate coloured hair and deep emerald eyes that had a kind of shine to them. He really did look great. Valkyrie remembered when he had told her that he wasn't going to replace her with Avril... Now he couldn't be so sure. She wanted desperately to make amends with the skeleton but she doubted she would be able to with Avril here. She went for the door and Ghastly piped up.
"Where are you off to Val?"
"Uh, out. I'll be back later," she mumbled and left the house, closing to door behind her. Shutting all her fears and worries inside the house.

With her mind swirling, Valkyrie approached Tanith's bike. Never before had she been so relieved and grateful to see the immature blonde haired sword lady.
"Tanith!" She cried and launched herself into her arms.
"Hey Val," she chuckled, "what's up?"
"Well it's a long story... But the main bits are, Skulduggery's old partners are back. Avril Saffron is planning something horrible and Saracen and I are the only ones who can see it as bright as day. Skulduggery loves me but I love Saracen and he walked in on the two of us..." Valkyrie trailed off and Tanith arched an eyebrow and tried desperately to suppress the growing grin.
"So all things aside. This Avril girl is up to no good and you love Saracen but Skul loves you." She said.
"I doubt he does now."
"Why? What were you and Mr Rue doing?"
"Uh, kissing?"
"Aw that's sweet. I'm happy for you."
"We need to leave Tanith," she sighed, "I called you so I could escape. I HATE being in there with her."
"So I'm your escape plan?" Tanith grinned.
Valkyrie winced, "yeah."
Tanith smiled and Valkyrie's eyes lit up. "And Skulduggery has a full body facade," she blurted.
"What?!"
"Avril gave him a full body facade."
"Ok that's, that's pretty cool."
"I know right."
"Is he hot?"
Valkyrie looked at Tanith with her eyebrows raised, and the blonde girl laughed. Then Valkyrie giggled.
"A little bit yeah."
"Just a little bit?"
"Okay maybe a lot."
Tanith laughed and the two of them got on the bike and Valkyrie wrapped her arms securely around Tanith's waist and buried her face in her tousled blonde hair.

When they pulled up outside Tanith's house, Valkyrie climbed off the bike before the blonde girl had even cut the engine off. She hurried up the steps and waited at the front door. Tanith walked up behind her and unlocked it. Valkyrie rushed inside much to Tanith's surprise and flopped onto the couch, tears already in her brown eyes.
Tanith watched warily as she hung up her leather jacket and put the motorbike's keys on the table.
"Do you want something to drink Val?" She asked. Valkyrie shook her head.
"No thanks Tan, I'm good."
Tanith nodded and sat down beside her.
"What about this Avril huh? Is she really that bad?"
"Yes," Valkyrie answered, her voice breaking. "Skulduggery promised me that he wouldn't ditch me for her, but I have a feeling that's exactly what he's done."
"Well you're with Saracen aren't you?"
Valkyrie looked up. "Yeah."
"Then..."
Valkyrie's eyes went as wide as dinner plates.
"Oh crap!" She exclaimed. "What have I done! I'm such an idiot! Now I know why he's not talking to me!"
"Val calm down. I'm sure it'll be fine."
"No it will not be bloody fine Tanith! Skulduggery hates me now!" She cried, plopping back down on the couch and crying into her hands.
"Oh Val don't cry. I'm sure he'll forgive you."
"No he won't," she sobbed.
"Yes he will Val! Skulduggery cares for you lots. He'll forgive you."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes Val," Tanith replied although deep down, she had a feeling Skulduggery would not forgive Valkyrie that easily."
Valkyrie yawned, "honey you're tired, let's call it a night okay?"
"Can I stay here?"
"Of course."

They rose from the couch and entered Tanith's only bedroom. The two of them crawled into bed together and Valkyrie quickly fell asleep. Tanith lay awake for a while listening to Valkyrie mumble and sob in her sleep. She pitied the dark haired girl. And Tanith could only hope that everything would go back to normal...
She hated seeing her little sister so broken like this. Tanith soon followed Valkyrie into the land of dreams, wondering what the hell was going to happen.