An Attempt at Revenge

"What..." Valkyrie stuttered when she found her voice again. What had she written it with? Blood? How could she?
"Tanith!" She cried, sprinting back down the stairs.
"Val? What's wrong?"
"It's in the bathroom, on the mirror!"
Tanith walked calmly up the stairs and hugged Valkyrie quickly before they both tip toes back up the bathroom.
"See it's right..." Valkyrie's voice trailed off. The mirror was clean. No red writing. Not even any smudge marks.
"Where?" Tanith asked.
"It was right there, on the mirror!"
"I don't see anything."
"It was there not twenty seconds ago!"
"Maybe you were hallucinating Val."
"What? No! I wasn't hallucinating! It was there in red writing that looked like blood!"
"What did it say?"
"It said, stay away from Skulduggery you hopeless emo git."
Tanith's jaw dropped.
"Avril," she breathed. Valkyrie nodded.
"It definitely has to be her."
"You know what we have to do," Tanith said.
"Revenge," Valkyrie replied, a smile forming on her face.
"Revenge," Tanith repeated.

They spent the whole afternoon planning what they were going to do. When they had their plan spotless, they gathered together bits and pieces from around Tanith's house. When they were satisfied that they had all that they needed, buckets, soap, toilet water, out of date milk and peas, they set off back to Cemetery Road.

Tanith and Valkyrie crept up in the bushes and watched through the window. Jess was sitting on Skulduggery's couch reading a book and Avril was perched on the kitchen bench chatting with Skulduggery.
Valkyrie fumed. That should be her. Tanith noticed her change in mood and immediately she started walking up the wall. Skulduggery had his full body façade on and was laughing. Valkyrie's heart sank. She loved that sound. Why did Avril have to come in and ruin everything?! Why couldn't she have left Skulduggery alone? Left them alone?

Valkyrie watched as Tanith kept climbing up the wall and then she stopped. Then Tanith cursed and trudged back down the wall.
"What?" Valkyrie asked.
"She knows we're here."
"What?! How?!"
"There's writing on the window."
"What does it say?"
"It says, I know what you're doing, and you're going to have to think of a better plan than that for revenge."
Valkyrie gasped. "In red writing?"
Tanith nodded.
"Well I guess the buckets on top of the door trick isn't going to work," she said. Valkyrie shook her head.
"Damn," Tanith muttered.