The Plan

"I need to talk to Skulduggery. This is just getting out of control," Valkyrie said as she paced back and forth in front of Tanith who was sitting at the kitchen table.
"I think that's the best thing you can do."
"That's what I thought. I need to tell him that Avril is a fake and that she is trying to sabotage my life!"
"Do you think he'll listen to you Val?"
"I bloody hope so. If he doesn't I'll make him."
"And what about Avril? She sticks to him like glue do you really think she's gonna just leave when you wanna talk to him?"
Valkyrie paused, then her gaze drifted to Tanith and a slight smirk formed on her lips. Tanith's eyes widened.
"No," she said. Valkyrie smiled.
"Please?"
"No way Val!"
"Tanith please! You're my sister and I need you to help me with this. Please?"
Tanith sighed. "I can't believe I'm agreeing to this, and it's coming out of my own mouth."
Valkyrie squealed and ran towards Tanith, throwing her arms around her sister.
"Yay! Thanks Tan!"
"You owe me," Tanith mumbled when Valkyrie had pulled away. "Big time."

They pulled up outside Skulduggery's house and Valkyrie got off Tanith's motorbike, breathing deeply.
"Okay," she said when Tanith was at her side. "You'll go in, and I'll hide behind the bushes. Then you say that you need to show Avril something. Take her far away. I don't care where. When you're both gone I'll go inside and talk to Skulduggery. Got that?"
Tanith nodded, and gave Valkyrie a thumbs up sign.
"Remember, far away," Valkyrie said before she ran into the bushes beside Skulduggery's house. When Tanith couldn't see her anymore and Valkyrie was completely obscured from view, she walked quickly towards the door and took a deep breath, knocking loudly three times. She heard shuffling inside and was about to turn around when the door creaked open and Jessica Carrow was standing there.
"Tanith?" She asked, surprise evident in her voice.
"Hi Jess. I wanted to know if I could speak with Avril for a moment please?"
Jess looked confused but she nodded. "Wait one second I'll go get her."
Jessica turned and walked away from the door and Tanith waited, her left foot tapping against the boards of the patio. She sighed, and checked her watch. She could hear voices inside, one of them was Avril's. Jess returned with Avril in tow and Tanith looked up. Avril's blue eyes were locked on the sword lady and the glint in them made Tanith want to punch her in the nose. But she held back. She had to go along with the plan, for Valkyrie's sake. And also Skulduggery's.
"Tanith? You wanted to see me?" Avril asked as Jess walked away.
"Yes I did. I have... Something to show you."
Avril's look turned suspicious, but she shrugged, and walked outside, the door clicking shut behind her.
"What is it?"
"You'll soon see."
"Can this wait Tanith? Cause I really don't..."
"No it cannot wait," Tanith interrupted, getting on her motorbike and gesturing for Avril to do the same.
"Oh no you don't expect me to get on that do you?"
"Yes Avril, I do."
"But..."
"Get on."
Avril sighed irritably and grumbled before slipping onto the back of the motorbike. She wrapped her arms around Tanith's waist and held her own wrists as the engine roared to life. Tanith revved it and they sped off down the road.