Jessica Carrow

Full credit goes to celine0243 for her character Jess Carrow XD

"What?" The Dead Men and Valkyrie asked together. Avril smirked.
"Follow me," she said, standing up and walking towards the door. They all exchanged confused glances, and followed her quietly outside. Valkyrie walked beside Skulduggery and stopped abruptly when she noticed the girl with brown hair and brown eyes leaning against Avril's Porsche. She was wearing black clothes that looked a lot like Valkyrie's, and wore a warm smile on her face. By the way she was standing, Valkyrie could tell that this girl wasn't evil or nasty.
"Hi," she said. She was small, shorter than Avril. Valkyrie felt Skulduggery stiffen as the mysterious girl looked at him.
"Skulduggery?" She whispered, her voice breaking. Valkyrie saw a tear run down her cheek.
"Oh my god!" She said, running towards him and throwing herself into his arms.
"I didn't think I'd ever see you again!" She cried. Valkyrie was so confused. Ghastly just stared, and the other Dead Men were shocked. The brown haired girl broke away from Skulduggery and turned to Avril who was leaning against her Porsche, smirking.
"Avril you didn't tell me that Skulduggery was going to be here," she said.
"I didn't want to spoil the surprise," Avril replied, inspecting her nails. The brown haired girl turned back towards them all. Then her eyes locked on Valkyrie and she frowned.
"I don't remember you," she said.
"I'm Valkyrie Cain. Skulduggery's new partner," Valkyrie explained, and the girl's frown lifted.
"Oh, hello Valkyrie. I'm Jessica Carrow. But you can just call me Jess," the girl said, holding out her hand, which Valkyrie shook.
"It's nice to meet you," she said. Then Jess turned towards the other Dead Men.
"Oh my god I've missed you guys so much!" She exclaimed.
"Wow," Dexter smiled. "I can't believe this. Two of Skulduggery's old partners coming back on the same day?"
"Well," Avril started. "Today was meant to be special." She winked at Skulduggery, much to Valkyrie's annoyance.
"Excuse me," Valkyrie said, and they all looked at her before she ran back through the doors of the house. She grabbed her phone. She had to get out of here. Avril and Jess, it was just too much to take in. But how was she supposed to get home? She didn't have Fletcher to rely on anymore, didn't have a car. She couldn't expect Skulduggery to take her home now. She heard footsteps on the porch and heard Skulduggery's voice, calling her name. She quickly rushed upstairs, to the bedroom that had been put in the house especially for her, and put the chair against the door. That wouldn't hold him off for long. She plopped onto the bed and cried into the pillow.

Moments later she heard footsteps and muffled voices outside the door. She stopped crying and sat up, aware of how red and swollen her eyes were. She heard the sound of footsteps descending the stairs, and heard Saracen's voice outside.
"Val, please open up."
She sighed, and willingly obliged. Saracen stepped in and didn't seem shocked at how bad she was looking.
"You wanna talk?"
She nodded. He sat down on the bed with her and held her hands on his lap.
"Valkyrie I know it was a shock seeing Avril and Jess today."
She nodded, unable to reply a the lump in her throat grew.
"But you don't have to be worried."
"How did you know I was worried about them?"
Saracen cocked his head and Valkyrie sighed.
"Never mind," she said.
"Listen babe," he said, taking her head in his hands, making her look directly at his face.
"Skulduggery loves you okay? Nobody else. Remember, I know things. So trust me when I say that."
"I do trust you Saracen."
"Be careful with Avril. She's not the same as she was 400 years ago and she's full of jealously. Just watch your back do you understand?"
Valkyrie nodded, not knowing what else to say.
"Don't worry, I feel exactly the same way as you Val. I don't like it much that Avril and Jess have come back after all those years. They had their turn."
"Yeah, but I'm just worried that Skulduggery will go back to either of them and totally forget about me."
"He won't, I promise. He cares about you more than I ever saw him care about either one of those girls."
Valkyrie smiled. "Thanks Saracen."
"I've got your back Val."