Going Undercover

"See what this is? Do you see what this means?!" Valkyrie screamed as she ran down the steps, taking them two at a time. Tanith was trailing behind her.
"Maybe it's a hoax, why would Avril go to all this trouble?"
"Tanith I would go to all this trouble if it meant that I would get to be with Skulduggery."
Tanith nodded. "True."
"What am I going to do? If we try anything she'll do her hitwoman thing!"
"Val calm down we can find a way around this."
"Like what?!"
"Didn't Avril have a friend?"
"Yeah, Jess why?"
"What if we get her to help us?"
Valkyrie paused. "You know, that's not a bad idea..."
"See, I'm not useless after all."
"Jessica Carrow knows Avril. Maybe she can help us get rid of her."
"Well, let's go talk to Jess then."
Valkyrie nodded and grabbed her coat from the hook, and they stepped outside.

When they pulled up outside Skulduggery's house, Valkyrie was eager to get to the door. She rapped her knuckles on it and listened as the sound of footsteps got closer and closer. The door cracked open and Avril stood there. She glared at them, and Valkyrie shivered.
"What do you want?" She snapped.
"We're hear to see Jess," Valkyrie said and Avril sighed.
"One sec," she said, pointing a finger at them, commanding them to stay like they were nothing more than puppies in training. Valkyrie sighed irritably and tapped her foot impatiently. She inclined her head as Jess stepped outside, and looked at Valkyrie.
"You wanted to see me?" She asked.
"Yes," Valkyrie said. "But you need to come back to Tanith's house with us."
Jess looked confused, then she shrugged and followed them down the steps.

"Avril threw a knife inside Tanith's house and there was a note attached to the blade," Valkyrie explained when they were all seated in the lounge room on Tanith's couch. Jessica's eyes widened.
"Wait?! She hurled a knife through your window?" She asked Tanith. Tanith nodded.
"Yes she did."
"What did the note say?"
"'Try to stop me and you'll both die,'" Valkyrie answered. Jess looked completely shocked.
"Oh my god..."
"I know right," Valkyrie said.
"You'd better take that seriously. She's a very talented hitwoman."
"Yes. That's why we need your help."
"My help?"
"Yes. Your help."
"What do you want me to do?"
"You know her better than anyone at the moment don't you?"
"I guess you could say that yes."
"Then you know what she's like yeah?"
"Of course."
Valkyrie glanced at Tanith and the blonde lady nodded. Valkyrie smiled.
"We are going undercover," she grinned.